RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm at my inlaws in ny and my sunroof won't open. check the fuse, all is fine. i tell my wife "here we go with the electrical gremlims". we'll i decide to grab the owners manual to be safe. sure enough it says "sunroof may come uncalibrated and render it inoperable. hold button forward for 20 seconds to reset". 20 seconds later i'm back in business. just an fyi in the event anyone has a similar issue.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seattlerover said:
Shouldn't be hard for the dealer to fix. seen it before and it wasn't a big deal.
Actually, you can reset it yourself by holding the button forward. Just wanted to make a note in the event others find themselves in a similar situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just tried the 20 second push and it worked perfectly! The roof opened and closed (still holdng the button) and the reset should be done when the roof latches again in it's default position. I figured it was a push and hold for reset but had no idea I had to press it for that long, good thing I found this forum and thread within minutes and that fixed it!

Ralph
I think my range rover is from 2006/2007 (sport HSE) but it's probably the same or similar reset for newer models

·
Registered
34 Posts
11 years after this was originally posted and it fixed my problem! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, stupid enough i tried to open my sunroof on my 2008 RRS TDV8 while if was frozen up. It opened a little and then stopped, leaving a gap of a few mm at the rear open. I tried to unfreeze the car by heating it up with the heating full blast, but it stayed dead as a doornail... I checked the fuse, and checked if the switch was getting power, both were fine. Hooked up the iCarsoft and it confirmed the switch itself was also working fine. What next? Went to the dealer (also stupid...) and they could set me up for a repair 6 weeks later! No thanks! Ducktaping it up then and go for the internet. After some searching I found this thread, could it be really this simple? So off went the ducktape again and I gave it a try! Thank you RangeRovers.net! Amazingly it worked, and it works now like before. A very cheap fix indeed!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi every one, I have an issue with sunroof leaking water inside the car even when it is close. it is working with no issue in movement open or close, so please any help will be highly appreciated,

thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi every one, I have an issue with sunroof leaking water inside the car even when it is close. it is working with no issue in movement open or close, so please any help will be highly appreciated,

thanks
it is leaking during raining season , !!!

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
do a search here for leaking sunroof and you should find the sequence to follow to reset the roof closure. if that does not help I think the same thread or another shows how to manually adjust the roof using the screws. lastly, you may need to replace the rubber gasket which is not hard to do or expensive. work quickly my friend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts