Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. Great forum, lots of good information.

I was at the car wash and closed the sunroof from an open position when the dustcover got mangled in the track. I was able to remove the dustcover in pieces but the sunroof is stuck open about 2 inches on one side only.

I used the factory reset procedure and it worked to recalibrate the sunroof to a closed position, an it operates fine in vent mode. The issue is when attempt to fully open the roof it only opens about 2 inches again on one side before it stops. I can't tell is something is bent or broken on the track that mangled the dustcover.

I don't hear any noises and cannot physically see anything damaged. Can I just unscrew the 4 torx bolts and remove the glass to get a better look from above? Any other thoughts?

Shawn

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
You are dead on with the 4 torx. Lift to the vent position, slide back any trim on the inside of the glass (sorry I can't remember if Sports had screw and lift covers), remove the four torx and from the inside lift the panel up and onto a towel or pad on the roof. Some folks turn it and bring it inside but I am not that graceful or talented. Most likely you still have a bit of liner material caught in something. Be careful with the lift arms and running blocks as they do get brittle with age.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will give it try. Thanks. Once the panel is out do I need to manually reset the track or should I try and run it through a recalibration procedure? If the glass panel is out will that be an issue for the recalibration?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.