RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I went to open my sunroof this morning and it was stuck looked at the back of the sunroof and it has dropped how can I get it back up so it dose not leak tanks paul.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Whats your year make and model? did it start to go back and stop or just suddenly it was dropped and stuck? Did you attempt anything to fix it aside from joining the forum?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there its a 2005 range rover sports supercharged I tried to open it and the back of it went down then stopped will not go back up so I have had tape it so no water gets in ive looked in the book and it says it can be opened up manually

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
It's not going to be an electrical issue as it is attempting to open. On the Classic, P38 and L322 sunroofs there are "lift blocks" that raise the glass panel into it's closed position. From their these same blocks move forward further to raise the glass panel. This same design has been used on every sliding panel roof I have ever worked on so I would imagine the basic idea still applies to the L320. You'll need to inspect, as best you can, for anything out of place. Are you able to manually press up on the glass panel to raise it? Is it low on both rear corners evenly or is one side loose?

Another option is to break off the trim down each side of the glass panel, left and right, on the interior. THis will expoce hte screws holding the panel to the sunroof mechanism. You can then lift the glass panel out from above and gain access to the runners, lift block and tracks. DOn;t worry, the trim strips are only a few bucks from the dealer.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
DO you hear the motor? WHen you said it was stuck I thought that meant it was trying. If you don;t hera the motor you will need to pull down your map light and test the motor.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
462 Posts
How about trying this.

How To Reset Sunroof:
Don't start the engine, just the ignition by pressing the engine start/stop button without
stepping on the brake.
Then, press the sunroof button forward for 20 seconds, you will hear and see the roof open & close by itself.
Once it’s done, release the button and you’re done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts