RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to keep using my sunroof and avoid the “fix” of just sealing it off. Does anyone have a good resource for a replacement seal hat will keep he water out?

During my rebuild I set a goal to fix the center console and the cubby-hole. The lid is in good shape and even the box is as well, but the structure that the window switches attach to and the black box screws to is broken. Does anyone have a good replair solution? Finding a replacement console is likely difficult. Maybe someone can put that in their 3-D Pinter ;)

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
38 Posts
Finding a seal is near impossible, I have an 88 with a metal roof. Mine leaked horribly! I used compressed air to clean all four drains, and I haven't had a single leak since, and that's in any weather (heavy rain, snow, etc.). The seals even when new are meant to slow the water not stop it. Clear drains are 100% the key.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I’d like to keep using my sunroof and avoid the “fix” of just sealing it off. Does anyone have a good resource for a replacement seal hat will keep he water out?

During my rebuild I set a goal to fix the center console and the cubby-hole. The lid is in good shape and even the box is as well, but the structure that the window switches attach to and the black box screws to is broken. Does anyone have a good replair solution? Finding a replacement console is likely difficult. Maybe someone can put that in their 3-D Pinter ;)
try suppliers from the uk, lr direct, rimmerbros, the paddock spares, jc4x4, bearmac. someone is bound to have something.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! The drains are clear, but the proble is definitely the seal. I can see pieces of it missing, not daylight, but i can see where the water is coming in. Someone suggested just using black RTV around the entire glass, but that would leave the unit unusable.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
28 Posts
You can use the BMW ones. The front seal is BMW part #54-12-1-870-086 and the rear seal is 54-12-1-920-052. They are much cheaper than the LR ones too. They worked well on my 89 classic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts