RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sunroof made a loud noise the other day, something broke. The end result was that the left hand side of the sunroof no longer pops up on closure or when trying to tilt. The sunroof slides back and forward fine, it is just the tilt.

I removed the sunroof thanks to all the good posts / feedback on the matter.

My question is where do you buy the part, and what is the part number that broke? It is referred to people here as the plastic slider. It is about 6" long. I went to the independent and they said you can only buy the entire $200 rail kit to get that little plastic piece. Dealer said the same thing. Both agreed that the rail kit requires removing the headliner too!!!

Please - somebody tell me where I can buy the part.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just noticed a similar post below, looks like it's a $200 part then :(

Do you still have to use the entire rail, or can you just slide out the piece needed and use that?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
$200 and a little bit of time. Definately not something you need to pay a shop for. Just be calm and take your time. I lucked out and had a bright sunny day to replace mine. There are currently three posts on the same subject. Do a search under my user name for a quick fix to get you water tight until the part comes in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks rrtoadhall, but were you able to take out just the piece needed from the new rail kit or did you have to install the whole thing?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Install the whole thing. A: There is no sense in putting a new piece in an old worn out piece. B: It would take you longer to piecec things together instead of dropping in the whole new assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
RRToadHall
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing