RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

i have 55 plate Ranger Rover Sport Supercharged and during the cold and icey london days, i stupidly tried to open the sunroof. after pressing the sunroof button, it clicked but did not do anything as it was icey outside.

after couple of weeks, i tried to open the sunroof but it did not work. when i click on the sunroof button i do not even get a noise. i changed the sunroof fuse behind the glovebox. but it did not do anything.

i am thinking it might be sunroof motor but i am not sure about it. any suggestions? can i check other things to identify what the problem is and possibly get it to work.

worst case scenerio where can i get a sunroof motor, if i had to get one?

thank you

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
If you already replaced the switch try testing the swtich and make sure it works/has power going to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the fuse but it did not make any difference to the button (there is no response or noise comes when i presss it).

i change the fuse in the glovebox at the passenger side.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Was the fuse blown? if it was, you should be fine, if it wasn't motor might be wacked .

·
Registered
670 Posts
What a heck is a 55 plate?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
It's how the Brits describe when their car was registered. My understanding is that a "55 plate" would identify a vehicle registered some time between September 2005 and February 2006, an "06 plate" would be a car registered between March and August 2006, a "56 plate" between September 06 and February 07, etc...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oh wow, cool, now I know.

Thanks Umbertob

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Check fuse, switch, relay, motor...in that order, least expensive to most expensive.

umbertob said:
It's how the Brits describe when their car was registered. My understanding is that a "55 plate" would identify a vehicle registered some time between September 2005 and February 2006, an "06 plate" would be a car registered between March and August 2006, a "56 plate" between September 06 and February 07, etc...
It also avoids things like this,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks guys

i am going to look at the order you suggested.

Thanks alot everyone and sorry for the brit confusion.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The motor for the sport has an ecu built in. I just played with one I have and wanted to let you know that you will probably have to open it up in order to test. But, you might be able to salvage it if the motor is your problem. Most likely the electrical control portion would be fried not the motor so an electronics tech could possibly fix the components for cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts