RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I heard a snap and my sunroof was not working on Passenger side. I took the glass out and noticed
the part I am pointing to moves back and forth 1/4 in. only on pass side. What is happening the glass is sagging down instead of propping up. No tilt up. Anyone know if it is the cable or did this piece break. Other side works fine.
Thx
20181011_152503.jpg

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
cables do go bad, yours seems a bit rusty. the part you do point with the screw driver is broken, your best bet is to find a sunroof at the junkyard and use to replace yours or cannibalize parts to repair yours. I did the latter with my sunroof.
detailed instructions are on rave. a friend suggested he had found sunroof parts with atlantic british I never looked.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Chances are your cables are just fine. The track they run in in filled with grease.

That is a snapped lifting block. It is fairly common for the pivot points to dry out from lack of lubrication then the lifting arm breaks off. The lifting blocks used to be available for purchase separately but can be a bit fiddly to fit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Check e bay. I saw complete sets there yesterday. Been meaning to pick up a set myself for the future breakdown.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The complete pattern sets sold via E-Bay don't have the best of reputations. Said to be poorly dimensioned and needing considerable work to get them to fit. Allegedly weak too.

Clive

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Yes Clive, that is why I said they are fiddly to fit. Still far cheaper than the $180 for an entire new runner assembly. :roll:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I buy a new runner assembly, I would so that.Anyone have a link?
Thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts