Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

so i just got a new 2001 RR from a trade on craigslist and I LOVE IT but it does have some problems, a lot ofwhich have already beed sorted out on here!

I am not trying to tackle the sunroof. It can be pushed up and folded up by hand. Any idea where i can get a diagram where i can see waht needs to be connected where?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Covered many times here. Most likely your lifter blocks are snapped. Remove the glass panel following the directions in RAVE or that I have posted and inspect for damaged parts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone know where I can get new clips for the roof?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
What clips? If you mean the circlips on the class panel they are standard auto/hardware store issue. However they would have nothing to do with your issue since there are also 4 torx to secure the glass panel.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
59 Posts
Have you popped the interior lamp down from the front center of the headliner? Above there is the sunroof motor. It has a locking mechanism to allow the roof panel to be closed by hand in case of motor failure. If memory serves there is supposed to be a special tool/key in the glovebox or whatever. Non of my rigs have ever come with them and a flat bladed screwdriver / end of the ignition key works just fine.
Close the roof panel, insert 'tool' and turn clockwise / counter clockwise until it clicks. Try moving panel again. Hopefully it will stay put..
What happens if you hit the switch to open / close the roof?

Let us know.

Cheers, Dan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts