1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
If those are the parts that are broken then yes those would be the parts you need. :lol:

Sorry, too easy.

Until you pull the glass out and inspect parts you would have no way of knowing. THe sliders like to break as well which require replcement of the entire runner assembly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, just wondering if anyone had experienced the same or similar symptoms before I drop the headliner and sunroof assembly to check it out. It would be nice to have a good guess so that I could have parts on hand to finish the job same day.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Read my posts on rail/runner replacement and/or read RAVE. There is no reason for the headliner to come out. You will have access to everything by simply removing the glass.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Like he said no need to remove the roofliner remove the glass then remove the sun guard you will then be able to remoe the guides and see whats going on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I just joined the forum. I am from Australia and have a 1996 golden HSE 4.6 P38, which I love. I have, however, removed the air suspension (it was a pain). I have a sunroof lift problem too. Sounds like the one that has been discussed here in the forum.

My questions are:

1. How do I remove the sunroof glass (don't want to break anything in the process)
2. Are there any other parts I need to remove ? How ?
3. If anyone knows of any online drawings and instructions, can you let me know ?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions:)
montaya

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
All three have been covered numerous times. Search isyour frind.

1: remove the trim caps, remove the four torx and lift out.
2: depends on what you find broken
3: RAVE, see FAQ

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
113 Posts
I used ToadHalls description to change mine. I'm a newbie and it worked fine. I found a complete sunroof cassette at a wrecker for $100, took it apart and got the replacement rail I needed (they are too expensive to buy new..yes I know they may break again). I made sure my hands were clean so I didn't mess up the cloth trim and headliner ..took about 2 hours..no headliner removal neccessary..

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation buddy. I was beginning to think my three or four duplicate postings didn't work! :lol:

It really is quite easy, requires no alignment of cables and to special tools. Just read what is already available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts