RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had tried to clear the drains a couple of times but the amount of water passing through the seal was still overwhelming the rain gutter inside the roof - and causing water to flood down the a pillar (now I need to remove that and Reglue the fabric ) . Anyway , I decided to “lube” the rubber seal around the glass roof with “gummi pflege” some German product you can buy on amazon .... now in this latest storm - looks like i’m Dry ! Hopefully that lasts a while.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
Use a compressed air hose to blow out the drains down behind the vent...I presume you were able to remove the vents and open up the rubber to get the gunk out...that would enable the water to flow properly w/o damming up.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
51 Posts
Any tips on preventing this from happening? I used to have an ML and a leaky sunroof soaking the interior footwells was an absolute headache. One day during the winter, I entered the car and the inside was like an ice rink. Would hate to have this happen on the Rover.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Depending on the age of the truck, you need to clean out the drains and replace the seals. I did this on my 08, an easy job, but no more leaks. Never had the problem on the LR3s or the latest RRS, probably too new when I had them, for the seals to dry out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
just had this happen to me on the driver side drain tube. The floor got soaked. It turned out that the part of the tube behind the side vent had dry rotted. It was still there, but no water came out when I poured some into the sunroof drain. Watched a few very helpful videos on YouTube, showed it to the local mechanic and replaced the rotten part of the drain tube with an old coolant hose. Now I just need to get the floor as dry as I can. Have a nice weekend!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Sunroof seal is leaking on my 08 RRS. Drain tubes are clear. Any tips or tricks on replacing the sunroof seal without having to remove the headliner?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Why would you remove the head liner? To change seals you remove the glass panel. Tilt the sunroof, remove the plastic trims covering the alignment screws securing the panel to the runner/tilt assemblies, lift panel out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Everyone remember, you may simply need to recalibrate your sunroof -- may not be a drain or seal issue.

I don't have time, but instructions are somewhere in this forum. I did it once, and never a leak again. Basically involves loosening the torque screws on each corner under the sunroof (you need someone to help), then someone hold/adjust the sunroof level, then re-tighten the torque screws, then open/close holding switch several seconds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I got this driver side flooding.
I checked the front pillars hose. No damages on the hoses.
But i found two things:
A small leakage on the rear connection of sun roof to the hose that run to the left rear pillar. The water was going from the headliner to the left rear door pillar following the door seal down to cable passage on the floor.
In addition the rear left hose end was not connected to wing behind the wheel.
The water was stored on the rear wing until the level reach the hole.
It seems this water was moving forward when breaking.

Both issues were corrected. no more water on the floor.
Hope this will help.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts