Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first Range Rover and my first post to this forum. I recently purchased a 1996 HSE and during a hard rain storm last night I noticed that the sunroof leaks a little. I examined the seal and I guess it could get replaced. I found one at the British Atlantic web site. Is it a manageable job? or should I bring it to a mechanic? Also while examining the sunroof I pushed up on the glass from the inside and there appears to be a slight "sag" in the sunroof. Will a new seal tighten this up as well?? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I've downloaded the RAVE files and will consult that. I'll post again after I try the adjustment. I'll get some pics up too :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again,

I looked at the torx screws and them seem to already be in the highest position available. I also looked to see that the lift blocks were still there. Should I replace the seal? Is it possible that the seal may have shrunk or broken down with age? There are no noticeable breaks or cracks in the seal. The only thing I see is that the seal is a little sloppy in the center rear where the ends join.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.