RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first Range Rover and my first post to this forum. I recently purchased a 1996 HSE and during a hard rain storm last night I noticed that the sunroof leaks a little. I examined the seal and I guess it could get replaced. I found one at the British Atlantic web site. Is it a manageable job? or should I bring it to a mechanic? Also while examining the sunroof I pushed up on the glass from the inside and there appears to be a slight "sag" in the sunroof. Will a new seal tighten this up as well?? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
have you checked your drains to makesure they are clear? as far as the "sag" the glass panel can be adjusted using the four gold torx screws behind the side trims. The directions in RAVE are spot on and easy to follow.

RAVE is the shop manual and can be downloaded from the internet.

Welcome aboard and post some pics! :thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I've downloaded the RAVE files and will consult that. I'll post again after I try the adjustment. I'll get some pics up too :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again,

I looked at the torx screws and them seem to already be in the highest position available. I also looked to see that the lift blocks were still there. Should I replace the seal? Is it possible that the seal may have shrunk or broken down with age? There are no noticeable breaks or cracks in the seal. The only thing I see is that the seal is a little sloppy in the center rear where the ends join.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine just started leaking and I noticed that when I kept my sunroof cover open it made the cover wet in the drivers side rear corner...Adjusted the torque screws and still the same leak, so I'm going to check the drain in that corner this weekend. Try to find where it is leaking, keep an eye on it when it rains. Unless the seal is ripped you probably have another problem because although it might not seal perfectly the drains should carry any water that enters out of the truck through the drains...

·
Registered
42 Posts
all sunroofs leak, old or new. The drains must be blocked, check them and your problem should be solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts