1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever done it?

And maybe have some wisdom to share as to how it is done? :cool:

My frame is starting to separate and causing water leaks!!

Cheers H

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes just raise the back up, and remove the covers(I think they go twords front). unscrew torx screws all 4 and lift out.
You will have to wiggle the connections a bit and get them back in and it can be frustrating. Pay attention how they go.
Lift the old glass out and lay the new glass in getting connections in proper spot Once it is relaxed and level snug torx screws and lower sunroof then tighten. If you want to make sure just use the sunroof tool for a test run. I have done 4 sunroofs so far.

Reactions: Henry-b

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes just raise the back up, and remove the covers(I think they go twords front). unscrew torx screws all 4 and lift out.
You will have to wiggle the connections a bit and get them back in and it can be frustrating. Pay attention how they go.
Lift the old glass out and lay the new glass in getting connections in proper spot Once it is relaxed and level snug torx screws and lower sunroof then tighten. If you want to make sure just use the sunroof tool for a test run. I have done 4 sunroofs so far.
Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not trying to thread jack but since you all were on the subject does anybody know what causes the sunshade to rattle and how to repair it? It only does this when it's closed. The sunvisor does not leak or rattle.

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
It should have 4 little clips with springs to hold it tight but they are a PITA to get back in. It sounds like someone has had it out in the past and not fitted them. If it is retrimmed with the OE type foam backed material and that is wrapped around the edges, the clips won't necessarily be needed as the material stops it from rattling, or will for a while until the foam starts to degrade..

·
Registered
159 Posts
It should have 4 little clips with springs to hold it tight but they are a PITA to get back in. It sounds like someone has had it out in the past and not fitted them. If it is retrimmed with the OE type foam backed material and that is wrapped around the edges, the clips won't necessarily be needed as the material stops it from rattling, or will for a while until the foam starts to degrade..
I had it pulled back and when I went to close it it jammed for a moment and then something popped loose. Later I found a piece that looked like the business end of a small squeegee sitting up there. I don't know if it was related or not and I've not seen it in awhile. It's been doing this for probably about a year. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone ever done it?

And maybe have some wisdom to share as to how it is done? :cool:

My frame is starting to separate and causing water leaks!!

Cheers H
Same issue here, but the bigger issue is where to get a new sunroof glass panel. Mine is also slowly seperating due to corrosion. However I can't find a decent replacement part.

Did you buy a new or used one and where did you buy it?

Hope to hear from you,

Geert

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,475 Posts
Here are a few pics I took when I took mine out many years ago:

P38A_Sunroof_01.jpg P38A_Sunroof_02.jpg P38A_Sunroof_03.jpg P38A_Sunroof_04.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts