RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our share of rain this week, the front left and rear left drains filled up with water, so the headliner showed. Today I am removing the headliner to play around there a bit. so far I found that the rear tube was kinked therfore not allowing the water to exit. I did notice that the front drain tubes did not have the valve on the end, nor were they in the fender wells. I really dont see the need to install them any thoughts on this? While I'm just playing aroung here I think i'll install my other sunroof as well it has no rust.

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have completed the process, I could not fine any photos of the rear tubes exiting the Rangi, on this site or the main page, so while I had the Rangi apart I took some great photos, of all four corners. As you see the front left tube exiting the sunroof travels down the "A"pillar left side and then exits in to the void of the door jam. The right side follows the same path only on the right side of the Rangi of course. The rear tubes exit the sunroof and travel down the "C" pillar, as you can see in the photo they then connect to the one way valve. The photo shows that over time the valve can become plugged up with debris, thus explaining your wet head liner, and or your wet spare tire well. The one way valve then acts as a gromet through the top of the rear fender. The one way valve has been removed from the top of the right rear fender to show the exit hole.

Scotty

·
Registered
128 Posts
Scotty you are a star :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I get my car back from the garage latter today, bet they have not been able to fix the water in the back.

But now I know how to :D :D

Sid.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
331 Posts
Great pics Scotty. Just as I was getting to sell my 99 P38 the rains started here in the Valley as well. And much to my dismay found there was an old leaf blocking one of the drain tubes resulting in a leak and sagging headliner :evil: Oh well Ill order a DIY kit in the correct headliner material and the new owner will enjoy for years.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why you selling her lear60man?

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still have my car a part and it rained for hours today, and no leaks! It was cool to see the water going down the tubes :lol:

Scotty

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover P38A
72 Posts
Sorry to bring back the dead, but wondering if anyone still has a copy of the photos?
I am not sure where to find the rear drain locations. Are they in the rear wheel wells? If so do you have to remove the plastic liners to find them?

I ran an electricians tape down both the front drains, from the sun roof. Super easy. But cant access the rear ones, with out taking down the headliner.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scotty, I know it's been a couple of years, but any chance you might still have those pictures? I've found one of the valves, but haven't been able to figure out where it goes (haven't taken apart the trim to track it down, but it might one of those projects for the summer. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Failing photos, does anyone know where the rear drains exit the vehicle? Is it in the rear wheel well? Do I need to remove the inner wheel well liner?

Thanks

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,199 Posts
Yes, they exit on the front side of the rear wheel arch (from memory). So to see them from the outside of the vehicle, you will need to remove the wheel arch liner.

Alternatively they can be accessed from the top by removing the parcel shelf trims at either side of the loadspace. You can pull the rubber drain/NRV piece back up and into the vehicle for cleaning. They can be a bit of a pain to get back in sometimes, but it's not impossible!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thank you for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts