RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The post on the amp problem with water in the car reminded me of a question I always wanted to ask.

The sunroof drain tubes, how does one inspect those all the way through and make sure they're clear?

Does someone make a giant pipe cleaner? :think:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
gooseyloosey said:
The post on the amp problem with water in the car reminded me of a question I always wanted to ask.

The sunroof drain tubes, how does one inspect those all the way through and make sure they're clear?

I just had a brilliant idea all my own :dance: ...could I use heavy gauge string trimmer line and make sure the end is blunt? There are four drains right? Two front, two back?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gooseyloosey said:
gooseyloosey said:

I just had a brilliant idea all my own :dance: ...could I use heavy gauge string trimmer line and make sure the end is blunt? There are four drains right? Two front, two back?
Yes, four drains.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gooseyloosey said:
gooseyloosey said:
gooseyloosey said:

Yes, four drains.
Thanks Goosey!

Holy crap...I think I just had a conversation with myself on this thread. :roll:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
The passenger side drain is behind the air vent, once you take that out, and peel the rubber back, you'll see a tube that has a crimped end on it. That's the drain end, which if clogged will cause the water to pool in the passenger footwell.

If you open that up, you'll maybe see some grit in there which clogs it up, clean it and let it drain.

I haven't seen the left hand (driver's side) drain, but I believe it's in the same location...maybe Umberto can confirm.

I'm concerned however, that I'm starting to see some water seepage in the rear tailgate area...I think there was a thread a while back on the UK forum, but haven't checked on it lately.

**** UB...too bloody fast!!! Here I'm typing and he's already posted...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great...thanks guys! It sounds like a good thing to put on my pm list.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
Such a gracious and helpful bunch...except for the guy who replies to his own posts, thats kinda creepy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
umbertob said:
Passenger compartment water ingress troubleshooting / drain cleaning:

Thank you for posting the directions. Worked perfect!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Apologize for bringing up a 6 year old thread.

The foam pad mentioned (page 4, figure 4 (bottom half)). Does anyone know the replacement part number? I was poking around today on my car and noticed that this was ripped into 2 pieces and put back into place.

The one way valve was also not installed. Is this an issue?

Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
I had to replace that same foam piece a few years ago...couldn't find the part number, but the dealer was able to source it for me.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
EUH500341

As to the 'valve', this was the old design, and there were early bulletins to cut the tip off before the new style drain tubes were introduced. The new design is just an open tip.

You don't need to worry about the tip getting clogged from the outside, far more dirt/pollen/debris comes down the tube than will enter it from the outside.

·
Registered
191 Posts
EUH500341

As to the 'valve', this was the old design, and there were early bulletins to cut the tip off before the new style drain tubes were introduced. The new design is just an open tip.

You don't need to worry about the tip getting clogged from the outside, far more dirt/pollen/debris comes down the tube than will enter it from the outside.
RoverGuy7 - Thank you very much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
how hard it to remove the side grill. i try to pull on it wont move/ my car got alot water inside from the top on the sunroof area over flow. must be a clog someehere at the bottom.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Apologize for bringing up a 6 year old thread.

The foam pad mentioned (page 4, figure 4 (bottom half)). Does anyone know the replacement part number? I was poking around today on my car and noticed that this was ripped into 2 pieces and put back into place.

The one way valve was also not installed. Is this an issue?

Thanks
Finally a nice hard rain yesterday. There was no water inside the card this morning. Am I causing myself any others issues on leaving the foam pad out?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts