RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

My sunroof doesn't work. It never has. Nor does it ever come up in the display (all other windows do, like 'rear right window not set'). Not the biggest issue in the world, I know (that would be my infathomable EAS) but still, I would like to get it working.

I tried to rule out the switch by directly connecting the copper traces to it on the circuit board. Still no go. All other switches work fine.

Is there a way to test the sunroof directly, without using the switch? Maybe using a test wire or something. The rave is silent on this, the forum search too.

Your advice is warmly welcome.

·
Registered
931 Posts
BargePilot said:
Hello.

My sunroof doesn't work. It never has. Nor does it ever come up in the display (all other windows do, like 'rear right window not set'). Not the biggest issue in the world, I know (that would be my infathomable EAS) but still, I would like to get it working.

I tried to rule out the switch by directly connecting the copper traces to it on the circuit board. Still no go. All other switches work fine.

Is there a way to test the sunroof directly, without using the switch? Maybe using a test wire or something. The rave is silent on this, the forum search too.

Your advice is warmly welcome.
If you have ever disconnected you battery and then reconnected it,you get a message like for the windows.ie sunroof not set.
If you dont get this message then maybe your BECM has the "no sunroof" option selected. :think:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've disconnected the battery quite a few times; sunroof never came up ( all other windows did).

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yip sounds like the sunroof was disabled in the BECM settings get a someone with the right software to add it , there probably was a reason it was disconnected probably a broken lifter arm or burnt out motor

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Give the map light assembly a quick tug downward and remove. The wiring for the motor is right there and you can test the motor directly.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Synroof doesn't work

rrtoadhall said:
Give the map light assembly a quick tug downward and remove. The wiring for the motor is right there and you can test the motor directly.
Great! I thought I had to take off the ceiling panel. I will have a look.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
BTW, do you have the manual sunroof tool?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now this is a golden tip-off. I wondered many times why there wasn't a manual back-up. Well I don't, can I hope it's hidden behind the map light assembly? :think: I guess it looks like something I can fabricate myself.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a look behind the map light assembly. No sunroof tool, but I can see where to use it. Being a lazy s.o.b., I wonder if it's possible to put a power drill to work there?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
A power drill is a good way to strip the fitting. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought as much...

Ron, could you be so kind as to give me the approx size of the business end of that thing your holding?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
BargePilot said:
Ron, could you be so kind as to give me the approx size of the business end of that thing your holding?
:shock: errrr

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:oops:
:lol:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
I'll get a rule and measure it. You can use a flat blade screwdriver pro tem.

·
Registered
991 Posts
BargePilot said:
I thought as much...

Hi Try 'rimmerbros.co.uk'. Irecently bought one.Price about 5.00 GBP.

regds

kapila

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
690 Posts
So *is* there a setting in the BeCM for disabling and enabling the sunroof? Mine doesn't work, but equally it doesn't moan about "SUNROOF NOT SET" when I take the battery off.

I don't really care much about the sunroof, but while I'm fettling stuff post-engine-swap it would be nice to know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts