RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I’ve searched for info on the notorious sunroof which has yeiled lots of info, but not quite what I am looking for.

Sunroof broken, so removed it, both rails / guides stuffed. Need to get full rail replacements. Cheapest I can find is $750AU, Tried every wrecker in the known universe who all laugh at me for obvious reasons.

So I can live without the sunroof. The moon roof is sufficient. Put it back together wedged nice and closed – no leaks.

The cable is disconnected from the motor, so I press the switch and the motor runs… and just keeps running, which is fine by me.

Question is… Can I somehow trick the sunroof into being SET and Closed? Every time I hop / In out I get the not set message and sunroof open message. Is there a circuit I can close or something?

Or can someone offer advice on where to get some rails out of wreck so I can rebuild it. Can’t post the whole roof, but the rails would fit in a postage tube from the U.K just fine I’d say.

Thanks heaps

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
786 Posts
You can turn it off by telling the car a sun roof is not fitted using a Rovacom / faultmate,etc through the BECM page. I know. I have done it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
If your still intrested I have the rails..PM me..

Scotty

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks heaps guys. Makes sense, not all came with Sun Roof, so just tell the car it is a different model. But if I can fix it for a decent price all the better. Scotty PM sent.

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts