RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Apart from other issues (mainly EAS & HVAC)now I have a issue with the sun roof(SR).
Since my SR won't move up on the LHS when tilted, I was adviced to adjust it. But only last weekend I had the time to attend to that.
Oops, I can't do the adjustment as the LHS of the SR is bonded (by the outer seal of the glass) to the whatever below it.Of course I still can open it or tilt it.I can barely see some rust formed under the glass seal & I squirted some WD40 . While pressing the switch to tilt I gave a push to LHS rear of SR :doh: :crybaby2: :evil:
The glass moved up while the outer seal stayed bonded. Now my SR 's outer seal(of the glass) partly dislodged :evil: & I'm afraid that it might leak( we are experiencing heavy rains here in COLOMBO, SRILANKA). However, I still can close it or open/tilt it, as before.

How can I resolve this? can I insert a knife( a blunt one) & slowly release the seal? :pray:

thanks & regds

kapila

·
Registered
269 Posts
To be completely honest with you, from what i understand, the seal is part of the sunroof assembly. If your seal has become detached, you may need to buy a new glass...I think this is true, someone correct me if I am incorrect. one word...

SCOTTY

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NikeCheck246 said:
To be completely honest with you, from what i understand, the seal is part of the sunroof assembly. If your seal has become detached, you may need to buy a new glass...I think this is true, someone correct me if I am incorrect. one word...

SCOTTY
Hi, Scotty,

Even if I buy a new one, how am I to fix it without removing the existing SR.
How can the seal be corroded? Isn't it rubber ?

BTW what are these part numbers EEQ100400 & AWR2191LUM
regds

kapila

·
Registered
541 Posts
kapilamuni said:
NikeCheck246 said:

SCOTTY
Hi, Scotty,

Even if I buy a new one, how am I to fix it without removing the existing SR.
How can the seal be corroded? Isn't it rubber ?

BTW what are these part numbers EEQ100400 & AWR2191LUM
regds

kapila
I think he means to get a hold of Scotty - who is a vendor who can get you bits and is quite good about it. Although you are in Sri Lanka and Scotty is in SoCal so I dunno about that.

In the meantime, since you are already kinda stuffed, I'd say try to work that seal back on by whatever means necessary, including adding silicone adhesive caulking if need be, if only to try to prevent any leaking while you are sorting it out.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris X said:
In the meantime, since you are already kinda stuffed, I'd say try to work that seal back on by whatever means necessary, including adding silicone adhesive caulking if need be, if only to try to prevent any leaking while you are sorting it out.
Hi Chris X,

The seal is built on a steel base and with the water seeping it ahd partly corroded within.
I think(pls correct me if..) left side tiliting mechanism is stuck solid & won't budge even with WD40. :?:
It's further difficult as the plastic cover plate too cannot be removed without fully tilting that side. Hence impossible to see clearly what happened. :crybaby2:
May be the need of a big hammer. :evil:

Any help
regds

kapila

1 - 5 of 5 Posts