RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions, comments or tips before clean under a Range Rover 2004?

For the purpose of solve an oil leak im going to clean under, but im afraid of damage something like sensors and stuff like that.

Best regards.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
no tiene bastidor o chassis
yes you can clean it underneath, we do it all the time. Not for nothing we call the Chancho range Rovers ..
just let it dry and drip of before you start.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks, some people told me to be careful with the height sensor of the air suspension, because when they lift the vehicle can broke the height sensors if they wheels stand up in the air for much time.

will they be exaggerating?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Always be careful of any electrical sensor, you'll be fine if you don't blast that with water.

I am a bit cautious, I would rather spray the bottom with degreaser such as purple power, and rinse with low pressure garden hose. Let dry overnight before starting. I'd go as far as to disconnect the battery.

Or.. buy a few cans of brake clean and spray from top to bottom of engine.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
We hose it off with normal hose pressure and a garden style sprayer.
If you like you can add decreased such as Removal
If in Chile brake cleaner is as regulated as it us here I don't think it is a good idea. Also it can do a lot of damage to plastic.
Better not

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got the Range to a local car wash. The washer has a gadget on the ground that shot water over the Range's floor. Highly recomended clean that way, problem free.

An example:

38845690_1135170399966805_1172070470267174912_n.jpg

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
Okay, so what are those three nozels? Those are pressure washers applying pressurized water or cleanser on absolutely everything on the underside of the car.

Why are folks so obtusely against pressure washers? MOST pressure washers come with a range attachments for pinpoint paint stripping to wide angle gentle spray or have a twist nozzle to adjust pressure.

Cleaning and under carriage is not nearly as dangerous as some folks will lead you onto. Keralis has the best suggestion with the degreaser "Purple Power". The stuff is miraculous and the only thing I use for cleaning engines before I start to look for leaks. Again though, if you are using a pressure washer for fender wells frames etc, just back off the pressure around sensors, harness plugs etc. You will do a better job on the tough items and by far be able to identify possible corrosion issues that may be hidden.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Another for Purple Power. Run it in the parts washer and in spray bottles.
I drive them up on ramps, spray with PP, hose off with the garden hose .
You wont need high pressure with the PP doing its job.
I get my truck engine washed with high pressure weekly though, and zero issues. It has more sensors than any Rover out there.

Martin

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions friends. I'm afraid that "Purple Power" isn't available here in Chile after google it. First time i hear about "Purple Power", maybe next time should buy a bottle online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts