RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am in the process of replacing my headliner and wanted to know if there is product that can restore the a, b etc pillars to their original textured fuzzy feel?

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
You don't. Soak them in your bathtub in warm dish water. After an hour or so scrub them down and remove the flocking so you never have to worry about a finger print or scuff again. :mrgreen:

There are flocking products available for inside of glove boxes, those fuzzy garage door opener holders and all those other compound fuzzy bits found on so many cars from the 70s and 80s. Sadly I have not read here or know of anyone that has achieved a decent colour match when used on the pillar trims. There are a few existing threads with products folks have tried... but they usually revert back to zero maintenance and ease of cleaning. Remember that only the early years had the flocked pillar trims. LR got smart after many wrranty replacements and complaints and in the later years and they were the same colour keyed plastic trims, but textured. I assume you have a GEMS P38. Cleaning those up will give you a perfectly match trim that easily wipes clean with a paper towel and your favourite glass cleaner. Unless you are going to have your Rover in judged events no body will ever notice.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
I’m with toadie, soak them and remove the flock, you get the appearance of the later trim, no more dirty marks, easy to clean
66882339-C55A-42CE-9092-97A393753118.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! i will de-flock my pillars and leave it at that. mine are real nasty looking now

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks toad. i was surprised how easy these were to clean down to the plastic. they look great now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts