RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6 months remaining on a LR Gold extended warranty. The RR just got the 60K service and new front/rear brakes from Roverland here in VA and they went over it with a fine tooth comb and could not find any warranty work at this time--they said the only issue was melted emission hoses (not sure what those are). Anyway, I want to cover my exposure to a potential faulty air suspension and am trying to find coverage that will not break the bank. Easycare that does Rover warranties wants $5800 for 3 years and I have looked at others as well that are more reasonable. Does anyone have experience with any companies and can make any recommendations? I greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Emissions hoses are probably your PCV hoses. If they are melted, they should be replaced under warranty. The dealer can be picky about it sometimes and say it can't be covered until it has "failed"... well IMO, it has failed if it is melted. Some RR dealers disagree and say it must actually cause a fault or have a hole in it first. I would push them to replace under warranty. They are cheap to repair yourself, but if you have warranty, might as well use it.

As for warranty companies... the only one I've found which seems reliable is the one you mentioned. You can search older threads as this topic has been covered extensively.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Broker
Carchecx 36/100,000 about $4200 with $100 deductible, contact Tavis Middleton 877.227.2439 x1185

Under Writer
Royal Administration Services

This includes their topt of the line version of bumper to bumper and something else I aded, cant remember, plus there is a monthly payment plan. I have already had to use it with a bill totalling over $1,500....well worth the piece of mind for me to not drop a couple grand every other visit with these sensitive machines.

Tavis encouraged me to take my packet to my dealer and review within the cancelation period, inwhich I did. I have a great relationship with the service dept, so I sat down with my rep, reviewed everything. She told me they already deal with Royal Admin Services (which soothed my mind not knowing which ext warr is legit or full of it). She explained how Land Rover lowered their per hr charge as an attempt to accomadate customers with these ext warr....they charge like $113hr, while the ext warr max out around $88, as I recall I could be a little off. You could also find an independent shop you trust with lower hrly rates.

I have an 06 HSE that was within the 50,000 miles warr when I bought the extended.

John D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts