Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on the highway today when all of a sudden the orange engine light started flashing, the car started stuttering losing a lot of power and then shot off after a few miles completely.
Tow truck came and read the OBD. No fault codes!!! I thought I blew the engine but it turns good and smooth when cranking but does not start anymore.

I got dispatched to the nearest dock and have to wait to get it moved to a dealership or my home...

Now I am evaluating what it could be and am hoping for expert help here...I have replaced the PCV valve 4000km ago and ran perfect since...Can not imagine this would fail already and I think this would leave a code in the ECU. So is this the order and list to evaluate
1.Fuel Relay?
2.Fuel pump?
3.Crank position sensor?
4.Clogged fuel filter?

2005 M62 4.4 Petrol engine

BTW A while back my car suffered warm start issues then it had to crank just a little longer before it would fire up. That was gone the pasthalf year however.

Any advise would be welcome. Thanks. Job.

· Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
891 Posts
Whenever a car dies suddenly like that, I always suspect fuel supply. That could mean the pump, the relay, a fuse, or the inertia switch.

There is a shrader valve on the fuel rail under the bonnet. Check that for pressure first. It will rule out the fuel supply. It should spray fuel, not spit air and some gas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.