RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2011 RRS and when I bought it a month ago I assumed the subwoofer in the tailgate was blown. So i got another one and it sounds just as awful and rattling like the original. What else could be going on here? Amp? resistor/transistor? Not sure where to start looking...thanks in advance :)

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Is it actually the replacement sub that is "rattling" or is wiring, lock rods, latch linkage, license plate...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
The interior trim panel is typically whats rattling in the gate of a sport. The clips need replaced each time you open it up or it floats off the gate just a hair and any little vibe from the sub makes it sound like a coffee can full of nails. If you want to narrow it down you can open the gate with a bass driven song and start pushing on the panel in places and see if it stops.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounded like that as soon as I connected it without screwing it back in. There was sound, but as soon as any kind of bass hit the speaker itself sounded terrible. So I thought maybe it needs to be reattached first so I did, and that didnt really help either. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am taking it to a dealer on saturday to see what they say. Will post the results...stay tuned

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you ever get the answer from the dealer?

Having same issue with my 2010 supercharged (which is still under warranty CPO so want to have it addressed). I took off the rear carpet panel and still rattled - sounds like a blown speaker. I just unhooked the plugs to the sub for the time being as it was driving me crazy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I also have a 2010 SC with the same issue. If it is clips, I will gladly just order some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts