Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport, 2014 Range Rover
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 Range Rover L Autobiography with 62,000 miles.
Today, I began noticing a very subtle hum (almost like tire road noise) coming from the left front. This only occurs while my foot is on the accelerator pedal while accelerating or maintaining a speed. Seems to go away once my foot is off the accelerator pedal.
At this point, I feel as if I would have difficulty getting the dealership to acknowledge the noise. I’m very aware of what is normal and what is not on all of my vehicles and therefore pick up on the slightest noise immediately. I believe that I may have a new issue starting to pop up.

To add more to it, I got underneath the car and see that there is a bit of fluid at the seam on the front differential and a bit of oil residue (blowback perhaps?) on the driveshaft.

Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?

Thank you in advance.

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Grey Black-and-white

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tire

Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rim Bumper

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any thoughts or suggestions on the front left hum while driving (throttle depressed)? Seems to go away when not pressing the accelerator pedal.

· Registered
2013 Range Rover 5.0SCV8
268 Posts
The hum could be the driveshaft center bearing, wheel bearing, cv joint, transfer case, front differentia, transmission, etc. anything that moves when a load is applied to it.

Have you replaced fluids in all items that can have fluid replacements?

As for a leak, that could be many things. I had a leaking oil level sensor, vacuum pump, and timing chain cover. All fixed, but blew oil all over the underside of the engine, making it difficult to determine from where. All were replaced and the engine cleaned. No leaks any longer.

· Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Floor it from a stop, in a straight line or turning left

Does it sound like your exhaust got louder or something is rubbing?

It's your motor mount, hydraulic filled and can cause the road noise sound and some vibrations.

Reactions: Bora20
1 - 5 of 5 Posts