RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched this forum and tryin to figure out a few things. (let my little god sister borrow my truck and she blew the subs)

My 2002 has 2 6" inch woofers, from searching the forum im guessing there 4 ohm's. Apparently 2000 before had 8 ohm and 2001 on up had 4 ohm. Question are

1.What is the RMS wattage out of the amp for the sub channel
2. Are the subs on two seperate channels our is this a monoblock sub amp channel
3. If it is monoblock, are the subs wired in parrell to drop the ohm load to a 2 or series to raise to an 8
4. depending on the wiring configuration has anyone done or thought of using the existing amp to drive a single 8 inch
woofer or 10 inch that is a dual voice coil or just two seperate speakers(and did not blow the amp)
5. how much are just brand new woofers from Range Rover.
6. I know there are kicker and JL 6 inch woofers I can drop in there but is there a place I can find OE replacement woofer.

Thanks ahead for anyone that knows this....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
vmystikilv is embarrassed to say that after some silicon adhesive (glue) that he may not need to get some speakers. Will update. Still would like to know the questions about though. Let you all know how this works out in 15 minutes

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
vmystikilv said:
I searched this forum and tryin to figure out a few things. (let my little god sister borrow my truck and she blew the subs)

My 2002 has 2 6" inch woofers, from searching the forum im guessing there 4 ohm's. Apparently 2000 before had 8 ohm and 2001 on up had 4 ohm. Question are

1.What is the RMS wattage out of the amp for the sub channel
2. Are the subs on two seperate channels our is this a monoblock sub amp channel
3. If it is monoblock, are the subs wired in parrell to drop the ohm load to a 2 or series to raise to an 8
4. depending on the wiring configuration has anyone done or thought of using the existing amp to drive a single 8 inch
woofer or 10 inch that is a dual voice coil or just two seperate speakers(and did not blow the amp)
5. how much are just brand new woofers from Range Rover.
6. I know there are kicker and JL 6 inch woofers I can drop in there but is there a place I can find OE replacement woofer.

Thanks ahead for anyone that knows this....
1. IIRC, 120 or 160 watts rated...but I HIGHLY doubt it actually gets anywhere near that
2. They're run on one channel
3. parallel to 2 ohms
4. I tried it with an 8...it sounded better with the two 6.5's
5. not worth it
6. Rockford Fosgate used to make some too...if you're going to keep the stock amp, make sure you find a speaker with a high spl rating. The problem with the Kickers, JL's , and Fosgates is that they're rated around 88 db @ 1 watt, 1 meter...so they're a bit quieter than the stock subs.

PS...the stock amp is TINY...and it's wired by maybe 14 ga wire. I bet simply running a 8 ga wire would make it sound a bit better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
talk to John at Roverville USA, he does amp reno/up grades and can probably answer all of your (and our) questions. An amp redo is $185 + shipping or he'll send you the parts for $150 (shipping incl).

cheers

g

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, went and got a 10 inch dual voice coil sub and wired to 2 ohms. Not to bad. Sounds better than factory which is all is all I wanted. Thanks for the info guys. Sub is 150rms at 91db

1 - 5 of 5 Posts