RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would start a thread for all the dopey questions I have on my new RR. Let's start with these:

1) Is there a way to have Nav always show up on the front dash? Seems to pop up at weird moments and generally speaking, only when you get closest to a turn. I like to have it mirror what's on the Nav system as it does on most cars.

2) Again on Nav, is there a way to get rid of that little box that pops up in the right corner that gives mileage to the next few exits (useless) and basically blocks half the screen and appears for no apparent reason? I know you can hit the red "X" to get rid of it, but very annoying.

3) Is there a way to lower the car without having all the doors and windows closed?

The good news is that I figured out how to kill that annoying volume message that comes up on the screen each time I touch the volume control knob. Another amazingly annoying feature.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
584 Posts
Swiss,

I cannot help you with your questions, but I would love to know how to disable the volume icon.

Steve

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I have a 2013 LR4, but think the interfaces between the models are very similar, so:

1) If you are talking about the instrument cluster's "redundant" turn-by-turn directions, I don't think there is a way. They will pop up whenever the system decides - shortly before the next turn / off-ramp / on-ramp.

2) Nav Setup > User Settings > De-select the "Highway Information" button (going by memory, the buttons may say something a little different.)

3) No. Liability reasons. The windows can be open, however. ;-)

stemikel, on the LR4 you press the Setup hard button (not sure if it's a hard or soft button on the new Range Rover) then touch "Screen" and "Volume Pop-up" and turn it off (or on.)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
Liability Specifically: lowering the car with the door open runs the risk of ripping them off should you park alongside a tall object (rock?) and the door is above prior to lowering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts