RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in the owner's manual without success to find the answer to something that's been gnawing at me for a while ...

What is the function of the round brushed metal badge at the top of the b pillar on either side of the truck?

Is it just decorative or is it covering something specific?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
`) I see am not the only one who was puzzled. I asked the dealer when I went in for first repairs and I was told that thats what the unpainted metal of the body looks like and the "badge" is intended to remind owners that the car is all aluminum. I don't know why LR thought most of us really care what it is made off as long as it has all the right properties, but I feel special knowing we are the only ones driving an all aluminum SUV. :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Am I the only person that notices aluminum resonance when the new Rover goes over bumps as compared to my 09 which deadens the vibrations better? Not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I fully agree. I think it is the aluminum suspension. I had an XJ Supersport previous to the 2013 RR. The XJ and RR had the same hollow feeling and I describe it as feeling brittle. I also have an 2012 LR4 and that thing feels like a tank. I sold the 13 RR and got a 14 RR SC LWB and it feels the same. I went with 21 inch with the LWB vs the 22 I had before and it feels a little better. I am thinking of getting 20 inch to see if it helps. I wish the body would be aluminum but the suspension would stay steel.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
62 Posts
... found out it didn't cover anything when I opened the door one day and the disk had "migrated" down the B-pillar some 10 inches. Still did not know its purpose til now though - see you DO learn something each day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts