RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I know it's stupid, but:

My '02 was converted to springs by the prior owner. Looks like it was down professionally/correctly. The EAS buttons no longer light up. I saw that unplugging the connector from behind the button to disable it is part of the procedure, however, my question is what would happen if I reconnected it? Would the button lights come back on (because I kind of want them to. Better than them just being dark and dead at night). Would it trigger another code on the dash other than the current "EAS MANUAL" one that would be a pain in the ass to clear?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm sure when they coil convert, there's a wiring loom that is plugged in to stop the fault showing on the dash display, I would of thought that was to the ecu, can't see why they'd need to disconnect the switch,,

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm sure when they coil convert, there's a wiring loom that is plugged in to stop the fault showing on the dash display, I would of thought that was to the ecu, can't see why they'd need to disconnect the switch,,
Wiring kits are plugged into the BeCM and are highly over rated. A couple pieces of paper clip at the EAS ECU for jumpers clears the fault from the message centre. THere is never a need for any indicator lights in a switch that does nothing.

RoV, no clue what that graphic was suppose to be. Couldn;t read it either above or by opening it in a separate tab.

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
It can't be read because it's microscopic (220 × 391 pixels). Whether the original is that size, whether it's being resized when you upload it or if you are uploading a thumbnail and not the original picture, only you can tell.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just posted the link (hope it works). Step #12 explains how to disable the EAS button. My question is: is it okay to leave it plugged in without any fault light repercussions (lol) and would the buttons light light up again so I don't have an ugly dark spot on my dash at night? I know it's petty crap, but just wondering..

Thanks again.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Following standard castration you leave the switch plugged in. Again there is never a reason to disconnect it. If you disconnect the switch you will have a big black spot at night due to no illumination. Since standard castration involves simply disconnecting the EAS ECU and using jumpers there is nothing to give an error and nothing to send signal for the height indicators.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just FYI: this is not entirely correct. I plugged the button back in from behind which activated the EAS button lights (which looked pretty cool actually! Haha) but it made a fault light come on in the dash (the orange one of the car with the arrow beneath it). It immediately turned back off when I unplugged the button again. Ended up just leaving it as is. Service buttons are annoying..lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
Convert it back to air like it's supposed to be. Looks like you're probably quite close to Scotty who has lots of EAS parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts