RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the windows and sunroof no longer have the "automatic" opening, closing. It just stopped working. They still open and close but
the one touch open is gone, any suggestions? Also, I am receiving the "book test" light on the heater a/c control panel but only when
I try to turn the A/C on. Also the A/C compressor is not kicking on, Any suggestions again would be greatly appreciated. 102 degrees
yesterday so my windows down doesn't help...lol
Or links to threads
where this may have been discussed, I am not to savvy at computer searching...Sorry.. 2000 Range Rover SE
Thank You
Michael

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
One touch operation is (I think) settable in the BECM.

The a/c could be a host of things:

Low gas
Bad relay
Faulty trinary switch

Maybe if you started at an ordinary a/c place and got them to check for refrigerant leaks before doing anything else? If it is simply a bad hose or o ring, it is nothing major to fix.

I'm not sure if hooking up diagnostics will tell you if the refrigerant is low, probably not, but it would point to other faults.

Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
iIf the battery has been disconnected, both the windows and the sunroof need resetting before one-touch becomes active again. This is simply a matter of fully opening and closing the window/sunroof in one single continuous operation - procedure is explained in the owners' manual.

·
Registered
408 Posts
X2 Greenslade! Maybe you have a failing fusebox, which is very well documented on the main site, this may be causing an intermittent power connection condition hence the loss of auto up/down and maybe even your a/c problem! It might be a good idea to follow the electrical sticky too! Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked!

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
that's what i'd have thought, but then i also thought he would a) have, b) noticed, or c) thought to mention the very annoying 5 'beeps' with the accompanying messages every time the ignition is turn on and off. So ten 'beeps'/messages every time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have the beeps, like I said, not very bright am I..LOL Thank you all for the help. The fusebox would cause the beeps as well? I did unhook the battery, opened the windows and sunroof all the way and problem cured, still a/c issue. had system checked, no leaks. The compressor isn't
engaging, I am thinking relay? any other suggestions from more intelligent gents than I?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good to hear you have one-touch back. Compressor clutch not pulling in can be low volts at the clutch solenoid. There is a modified electrical harness to deal with this. Otherwise you can remove a shim from the clutch pulley to help out a struggling solenoid. Of course, if gas pressure is low, the compressor won't get activated anyway. You can do various voltage checks to see whether the solenoid is getting volts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts