Range Rovers Forum banner

stupid 05 l322...

Tags
l322 stupid
1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Rangie25 
#1 ·
So went to go to an interview this afternoon, went outside turned it on and let it warm up for about 15-20 min while I got ready. Went back outside to leave and noticed the oil gauge was on red. quickly turned it off and went to turn it on again thinking it was just a weird glitch ( my gauges decided when they want to work so didnt think much about it ) now it wont turn over... the engine goes knee knee knee knee cough sputter knee knee knee..... what could this be?! There is no liquids leaking out that I can see..... Oil level is fine just checked it again.

#2 ·
Sounds like a battery issue. Our canadian tire battery lasted just shy of 3 years and failed quickly while testing the fuel pump with ign. off for a few minutes (but not running) It had just started before that time but i noticed that the idle speed was up soon after a decent run which usually was low. would be a good idea to get the battery load tested and/or check the charging circuit which may have prevented the battery from charging

#3 ·
If the engine is turning over, which it sounds like it is, it's not likely a battery issue.

I don't know if if the 02-05 have an oil temp gauge, but the 06+ don't.

You sure it wasn't your coolant temp gauge in the red?

Did you check your coolant level? Anything temp related I would check coolant first thing...

2006 L322 4.2L SC

#4 ·
If the oil switch is bad, most rigs will not run. They do it to save the motor.

Martin

#9 ·
Didn't mean to come across rude :lol:

The 06-09 instrument cluster is about the same as the 03-05 just a bit different in terms of styling and colours, the bottom displays were changed from 4 different to 2 different screens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.