RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Desperately seeking advice... my 03 Vogue diesel is going to be the death of me. The battery died over winter, and the car never moved for a few months. I tried to jump it but no joy...and then to compound my misery the key would not return to the release position in the ignition, so had no choice but to leave the key in, place a jacket over the ignition (for security...hahah) and lock the car with the spare. So, i replaced the battery and the big ***** (as she's affectionately referred to in our house) started first time with no drama or pantomime. I left her running, went to grab the missus and asked her if she wanted to follow me, or if she wanted to drive and i'd follow her (experience has taugt us it always pays to have a support vehicle in attendance with the bl&*dy car...). The missus took off ahead of me, i pressed the brake, and went to slip from Park into Drive and the 'effin stick wouldn't budge..at all. End result is i had to turn off, again unable to remove the key from the ignition, pop the bonnet and disconnect the battery, lock the thing with the spare, and return inside using language that would make a scaffolder blush. Help!!!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
Can you hear the shift interlock solenoid clicking when you apply the footbrake?

Sounds like you need to have a look at the selector lever, especially if the key interlock mechanism isn’t working either.

Phil

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
52 Posts
If you lift up the shift boot you can manually allow it out of park, learned that when needing to move the shift lever with the battery disconnected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts