RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an error code (a shop read it for us, but we can't get back for a while) saying that the front height sensors were out of whack, so we replaced them.

Now it's stuck with it's nose down on the stops and the rear fully extended. Says its in extended range (then why is the nose down?) and won't change.

The dashboard display shows the right front wheel being all the way down, so I checked the new sensor plug. When I turn the car off, that wheel on the display jumps to the top and then back down.

Suggestions? Did I get a bad sensor or something? Is there a way to test a sensor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't know if a picture might help
WP_20171206_11_33_37_Pro (1920x1080).jpg

And it says this is where it's wheels are:
WP_20171206_11_34_34_Pro (1920x1080).jpg

Interestingly, right before it turns off, that wheel goes to the other end?
WP_20171206_11_34_50_Pro (1920x1080).jpg

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,480 Posts
Make sure they put the the correct sensor on the correct side of the car...these are side specific and front/back specific sensors. Also, make sure they put FRONT sensors on the front, and not the rear sensors...or vice versa depending on which ones you sent. You'll have to look at the part numbers if I recall correctly.

Methodical review of each of the sensors...then make sure they are all plugged in once properly installed. Also make sure that the bars on the sensors are not bent or stuck somehow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's a good idea. It'd fit the symptoms too with the rotation being that far off on the potentiometer. We ordered the correct/opposite ones, but that doesn't mean it's what we got! I'll take the right one that seems confused back off and double-check the part #s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts