RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 2003 Range Rover with about 60,000miles on it, over the past week after driving for 30 to 45mins and then going up a steep hill my transmission will get stuck in 2nd gear and wont shift unless I manually shift it or almost redline. I am not getting any codes but am getting a slight overheating smell after this happens ( can't smell it in the car). If I shut the car off, the problem goes a way, this has happened three times in the last week.

any insight?

thanks

Todd

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
Sounds like your transmission ECU is selecting 'Cooling Strategy' mode to protect itself because the fluid temperature is too high. This is usually because the main radiator is full of sediment/corrosion and has blocked off the cooling water supply to the transmission fluid cooler, or maybe because the fluid cooler itself (or its feed/return pipes) is/are blocked. Just do a search on here - it's been discussed at great length in the past.

Phil

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phil,

thanks for the reply, just wondering why this would not throw a code, I have my range rover going in to get inspected on thursday so we will find out if somethings clogged

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
Todd,

If you want to send me a PM with your e-mail address I'll send you the Land Rover Technical Service Bulletin which covers this issue and you could check it to see if you think your symptoms are the same?

Phil

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I have emailed you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts