RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am new to the brand and I'm excited about my 2020 RRS HST. However I have recently noticed a very pronounced electronic hum or hiss inside the cabin around the center console area. It comes on five minutes after I turn the car on.

I took it to the dealer and he heard it but tried to dismiss me. Another technician mentioned it may be the fan behind the tft screen. I am losing my mind over this. The hiss comes on and stays on the entire duration of my drive. I started cranking up the volume just to drown it out.

I went to the dealer again and they booked me an appointment for next week. I have been researching for weeks and have not come across an issue like this. Does anyone have the faintest clue what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
353 Posts
upload on youtube and share

·
Registered
141 Posts
I do not have a YouTube/Google accounts. I am looking to see if I can find a hosting service to upload to.
Bro its 2020 how do you not have one of those accounts lol.
You can also try like dropbox or vimeo those are both free and you can share the link.
Hit me up if you need help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bro its 2020 how do you not have one of those accounts lol.
You can also try like dropbox or vimeo those are both free and you can share the link.
Hit me up if you need help
I did have a Google account eons ago. Im slightly paranoid but I managed to.reset my old password. Here is a Google drive link that has two short videos. One is the whining and one is significant cracking in the console.

What's heartbreaking is that the dealer says both those noises are part of normal operation. I can't come to terms with the fact that my 95k vehicle creaks and whines more than my little brothers 2006 Elantra.

Edit: on the electronic noise, the noise comes on at about 18 seconds and peaks at 28.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I did have a Google account eons ago. Im slightly paranoid but I managed to.reset my old password. Here is a Google drive link that has two short videos. One is the whining and one is significant cracking in the console.

What's heartbreaking is that the dealer says both those noises are part of normal operation. I can't come to terms with the fact that my 95k vehicle creaks and whines more than my little brothers 2006 Elantra.

Edit: on the electronic noise, the noise comes on at about 18 seconds and peaks at 28.

Hey man, thanks for getting those videos up. The first one with the creaking is still kinda hard to pinpoint (it sounded like sounds I had when I had a suspension issue, but not 100% sure, try recording from the voice recorder on your phone instead of the camera as it will pick up the sound much better.

The second one, the winning, 100% that should not be happening.
Go back to your dealer and have them compare your car with another one to see if they can hear it coming from that one too. They won't be able too.
KEEP PUSHING some dealers are just lazy and you will have to fight a bit, or just go to another dealer in your area. You can always just call Land Rover Customer service and have them step in as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I had a service appointment follow up. The dealer insists that the electronic noise is normal, and that they would only investigate further if it gets worse. They said they'll try a few things. My issue is why can't you try these few things now. Even if it doesn't get worse, it's still bad now.

As for the creaking, they insist they don't hear anything from my video. It's literally the entire middle/center console. The metal trim that's housing the screens. It creaks as if it's of poor quality or poor installation. I offered to get in the car with the technician to point out where the noise is, and they said they would be unable to get in the car with me to point out what im hearing until after the pandemic/reopening of business.

I feel like I can't enjoy my car. I understand these may seem like petty issues but I absolutely did not imagine dealing with these things on a 2020 vehicle that's known for high quality and luxury finishes. I get angry everytime I get behind the steering wheel. I turn on the car and the the hissing comes on followed by loud creaking in the cabin as soon as I move and the joy is all gone.

Have I been spoiled by Audi? Is it wrong to expect that kind of interior refinement out of anything besides Audi?

·
Registered
18 Posts

It may be the massage feature that comes on at a preset time. Check to see if that’s it

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
85 Posts
The eletronics noise: Do you have the ionizer?
Try turning it off - see if that noise stops. ( do not expect it to stop as soon as you hit the button, it needs to finish its cycle).
Mine makes that noise when the ionizer is enabled. However mine cycles, which i believe is part of a setting.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
381 Posts
... Have I been spoiled by Audi? Is it wrong to expect that kind of interior refinement out of anything besides Audi?
Yes, and yes.

We've had 2 A3s since 2008, and the build quality was far better than I've seen on ANY rangie, even the FFRR.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts