RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It only happens going down this steep hill, but the transmission will do this thing where the engine braking will come on and off and the revs drop and go back up almost like it's smoothly alternating in and out of neutral. It seems like it's going on in 1st or 2nd gear (not sure). It goes away once the car upshifts. Any idea what this might be? The car is ready for a full fluid change (A/T fluid, diff fluid, etc.) so I've mainly assumed it's related to that, but figured I'd check with the experts here before doing a very expensive 10 year type of service on everything if I have another issue creeping up. Happy to clarify or answer any questions beyond what I've described.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
sounds like the trans is running out of fluid,
check the level. before they drain it.
Make sure they use the correct fluid when they do the flush

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue which makes me wonder if I just misinterpreted what was going on, but I'll have someone take a look.

·
Registered
249 Posts
How many miles are on the truck
Do you notice this when the truck is cold or up to running temperature. Another test you could do is select manual mode and go down the hill in 1st and 2nd see what it does.
I persoannly feel its not serious enough to worry about. Just change the filter and oil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You've not accidentally engaged HDC (Hill Decent Control) have you? I did this and it was quite alarming on a dry road and gave symptoms very similar to what you've described.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It sounds like HDC is on or possibly causing error.

Unless it acts up again I wouldn't loose sleep over it.

If it does, take note of if you accidentally engaged HDC

If it is really eating away at you, try recreating it my turning on HDC and see if those were the same symptoms you had before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts