RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with the 3 Amigos lights coming on. Typically when the vehicle is started, all the warning lights come on, do their check and then go out except for the ABS light which goes out as it should when I start driving. The brake light usually stays on but is dimly lit. The lights will usually stay off like this until about 30 mins into a trip. Then, if you apply the brakes the traction control and abs light will flash for an instant and go out or, sometimes they stay on and will stay on until I shut the vehicle off and start it again. That, to me sounds like a legitimate issue that needs to be diagnosed and dealt with separately. To me, without digging in, it sounds like a possible brake lamp switch.

This is where it gets strange, sometimes when I turn the signal light on, the 3 amigos come on and stay on until I shut vehicle off and start it again. I'm thinking that issue could be in the instrument cluster itself. Has anyone heard of this or experienced this symptom as well? I'm not look for an online diag but more so looking to lean on some of your experiences.

It's a North American spec 1993 County LWB.

Thanks!
Mark

·
Registered
313 Posts
Have you checked the rear lights for correct function when it's running?

If you start it, then get someone to use all functions, brakes, turn, reverse etc and any combination you can think of simultaneously, you should obviously get all lights working discreet from one to another.

If you have an earth problem at rear light cluster they will try to scavenge an earth through the other bulb filaments, and give you various combination of dim, flashing incorrect illumination.

Worth checking for any obvious dropouts prior to getting more technical.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts