RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange noise like something electronically dying or rubbing on the ground, then engi

Travelling home yesterday and vehicle was running great when all of a sudden I heard this strange noise from the engine bay before vehicle cut out and left me stranded on the side of the road 10 seconds later. Vehicle has newly re-built engine and most items under the bonnet are new. Codes pulled while I waited for the wrecker are P0340 (which is a cam shaft sensor code) but I changed the cam sensor on the side of the road while waiting on the wrecker (took him over 2 hrs to get there) and also changed the CKP sensor too as I keep spares of all sensors in the vehicle, but to no avail.
When turning the vehicle over it sounds like its getting no spark/fire. Fuel pressure is good. Wondering if a failed alternator or a failed coil pack would be my issue?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Strange noise like something electronically dying or rubbing on the ground, then

Have since changed the alternator but no differance.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Re: Strange noise like something electronically dying or rubbing on the ground, then

Have you checked that you're getting a good spark yet?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Turns put BeCM & ECU are out of sync due to dampness in the passenger side footwell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts