RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Strangest thing is happening.

I have a 2015 range rover sport with 50k. I drive it almost every day to work and my last drive with it was as normal as usual. No engine lights, no low battery, no key fob issues NOTHING. Car was running beautifully with no issues. Tuesday night i get home, park it in the garage as usual. Wednesday I go to start it and my key-less entry doesn't work, figured it was key fob battery and grabbed my other key and still nothing. I open it manually and no error messages with low key fob battery appear. Tested the battery, its full, car is completely unresponsive but the center info screen lights up if i press the power button, music will play through radio or through bluetooth, phone connects as if there's nothing wrong with the car and I can access all functions like navi, 4x4 info and so on. All that is happening is I will hear a clicking sound coming from the right rear side of the car when i touch the door handle as if im using key-less entry or by clicking the unlock button on the key fob.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is where is located the second battery...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
165 Posts
I think the second battery is only used for the auto start/stop. Sounds like you have power but it doesn't turn over at all. Several things besides no power prevent it from turning over including not being in park or not recognizing the brake pedal is depressed. Quick, simple things to check. Try pressing the park button and moving the shift lever into neutral and back into park just to confirm it's not out of position. Press the start button first then depress the brake pedal. The brake lights should light up. Not sure if it's the same circuit that tells the computer the brake is depressed for starting purposes but if the brake lights DON'T light up it may be the switch is faulty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the second battery is only used for the auto start/stop. Sounds like you have power but it doesn't turn over at all. Several things besides no power prevent it from turning over including not being in park or not recognizing the brake pedal is depressed. Quick, simple things to check. Try pressing the park button and moving the shift lever into neutral and back into park just to confirm it's not out of position. Press the start button first then depress the brake pedal. The brake lights should light up. Not sure if it's the same circuit that tells the computer the brake is depressed for starting purposes but if the brake lights DON'T light up it may be the switch is faulty.
Thanks for the response, but wouldn't the accessories still turn on even if the brake switch was bad? The only accessory that worked was the media screen.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
165 Posts
Yes. My 2016 RRS has a manual key hidden in the fob. Does the engine start using the key? If so it could be the stop/start switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Strangest thing is happening.

I have a 2015 range rover sport with 50k. I drive it almost every day to work and my last drive with it was as normal as usual. No engine lights, no low battery, no key fob issues NOTHING. Car was running beautifully with no issues. Tuesday night i get home, park it in the garage as usual. Wednesday I go to start it and my key-less entry doesn't work, figured it was key fob battery and grabbed my other key and still nothing. I open it manually and no error messages with low key fob battery appear. Tested the battery, its full, car is completely unresponsive but the center info screen lights up if i press the power button, music will play through radio or through bluetooth, phone connects as if there's nothing wrong with the car and I can access all functions like navi, 4x4 info and so on. All that is happening is I will hear a clicking sound coming from the right rear side of the car when i touch the door handle as if im using key-less entry or by clicking the unlock button on the key fob.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.
I had a very similar problem when I had left an interior light on for a couple of weeks while away. Battery in my case must have been flat. Had to jump start it then no further issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts