RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right guys i spent most of today fitting my train horns :) and run some 1/2" pipe from the engine bay right under the rangie along the chassis and into the spare wheel well .
but when i came to the back chassis behind the rear wheel arch i followed the other wires/pipes.... but looped it slightly around my rear left airbag :shock:
thought it would be ok as im positive it was touching nothing?
my mrs goes out shopping then comes home and says it beeped eas fault when she was a mile away. i goes out and checks and the dash light is showing rangie on on full lift with an arrow? and all lights lit on height adjustment pannel thing? and the light by the side of it stays lit for a few seconds when its started then goes off?
had a good check and its not on the bump stops just stuck on lowest setting...but just 3 wheels?
the rear left wheel seems to be on normal setting?
is there any sensors i could have hit anywhere near the rear left airbag? or could it have tried to go to motorway setting and couldnt cos the 1/2" pipe was in the way so all 3 others droped...and this one didnt?
ive moved the pipe now to a PROPER place where it touches nothing and about swapping relay 20.... but my rangie is still on the wonk with 1 airbag higher than the rest and eas fault and all lights lit :oops:
any1 got any ideas ?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
Is the arm to the height sensor damaged or dislodged in any way and fooling the system as to height?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi spiggy thanks for ya reply m8.
im not sure to be honnest where they are? im new to this rangie stuff lol
whereabouts would the sensor be for the rear left wheel?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just searched rave and found it so hopefully gonna get it sorted now :thumb:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still cant sort it!! :evil:
got the easunlock software and lead, read 3 codes...but didnt write them down before i cleared them?? /:( :crybaby2:
got no eas fault showing anymore...but still on the bump stops and when i press to go up it just flashes and does nothing??
connected wire from relay 20 and run compressor for about a min then im sure could hear air escaping from somewhere near the underneath of the eas box? took all the wire covers off the pipes and checked but still cant find nothing? could this be a valve stuck open or summin?
its really doing my swede in now!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sounds like you need the services of a pro, sadly Im not there as Im in another world.....

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
the air escaping is your issue, find it. run the compressor and track it down. may be coming out the exhaust = bad diaphram
or a hole in a line, or a VERY bad oring in the valve block.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
managed to get it working again....sort of?
last night after a few hours reading different threads and potching i managed to get it all working...this morning is a different story?
im not on the bump stops anymore and when i try to rise it theres only enough pressure for the rears to go up and the compressor isnt running?
if i run the compressor separately with a 12v+ to spade 5 on the relay it pumps up enough for the front+rear to rise to normal height, then up to full height.
but when i plug the relay back in the compressor dont seem to run properly? changed the relay but still no change?
i pumped it up to full height and pulled the relay under the seat last night and was still up all round no different this morning so i think that means no leaky bags or split pipes?
so is the only thing it can be now is the compressor or the block?? or why aint there power going to my compressor? could the pressure switch be faulty...and if so whereabouts is it lol.
new to this rangie stuff and already had enough haha

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
the pressure switches rarely fail, not likely the culprit.

when it won't run, how are you controlling it? pigtails or automatic operation? If it won't run in auto, odds are the thermal switch is bad, try running it with pigtails. If it won't run that way, there's something wrong with the wiring.

Have you re-read the ECU for fault codes? A bad thermal switch will log a fault, but not necessarily put a fault message on the dashboard.

you can also run the compressor from storey's software.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Have you checked fuses in the engine fuse box, there are two......or is it three, one Large and one small......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts