RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2008 RR vogue TDV8 3.6 diesel. When I put it in drive sometimes there is no drive other times its fine and will drive ok but then suddenly loses drive. if I slip it into sport mode or manual selection the problem goes away. also sometimes when in D and the drive goes the D goes out on the dashboard. is there a cable that goes from the gear lever to the gearbox that may have stretched or am I just being hopeful for a cheap fix on an auto box?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for this, it wasn't quite the answer but close enough. The clamp wasn't seized I think the cable had slipped a little and I do mean a little. I undid the nut and slid it about 3mm reclamped it and hey presto I had drive, sadly park had vanished. Back under the car undo the nut, spray everything with wd40 and leave for 30 mins. I then did the nut up just letting the clamp hang where it wanted to and tightened it up and everything now seems perfect. so the cable had slipped but by less than 3mm and that seems to have caused the issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts