RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door latch issue just got really bad. My key fob lost sync and all doors except drivers door are locked. However if I open the drivers door the alarm goes off. Obviously the truck is really locked and alarm is set. I know if I try and start the truck while alarm is going off I'm going to make things worse. The worst thing is that I'm not home. I'm parked on the street. Is there any way to disable the security system in order for me to start the truck?

I don't know what to do

·
Registered
540 Posts
Can you get your handbook out? Do you have the EKA code? You should be able to over ride the alarm if you do. You should have a card with the code on and the handbook tells you what to do with it.
Sorry bit far away to be of any real help.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see no eka code or anything in my handbook regarding it. I tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't work. I now have the message that says I need a keycode and the engine is disabled

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Your key code is your EKA. If you have not been provided one your BeCM may end up in a fully alarmed state and have to be sent off to have the EKA pulled or disabled and the status set back to normal.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Well I don't know who to thank, but one of you guys sent me an angel. John-sussex, did you send me one of those UK Rover angels?
Once I got the dreaded immobilized engine message, I gave up and started looking for a place to tow my Rover. The only way to stop the alarm at one point was to disconnect the battery. As I sat and called every shop, which are all closed because it is the weekend, I kept the battery disconnected. About an hour later I reconnected the battery and the I heard the doors unlock. I jumped in the truck so quick and stuck the key in the ignition just incase the truck decided to go into lock mode again. I turned the key and it started. There were no faults showing up and my key fob somehow got synced again.

Now that I got back home, I guess I should order that drivers door latch and replace it. I read that the new latches are crap, but I'm not sure what else to do except buy new because I don't know where else to get one. I figured I'd pick on up from Atlantic British. I'm debating if I should take my chances and replace the latch myself or if I should take it to a shop just in case anything strange happens while replacing. I'm leaning toward replacing it myself since I'm feeling lucky after todays stranding. If all goes well when I replace the latch, I assume that I shouldn't need to worry about needing to reset anything with the Rover Test Book system. Is this a safe assumption?

G

·
0 Posts
Replacing the latch is not that bad. I did it on mine without any problems and I never plugged in Rovacom.

By the way, the old latches were crap too. That is why you and I and everyone else has had problems. The latch duty cycle was apparently just enough to get it out of warranty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you get the alarm de armed, you can unplug the drovers door lock actuator and by not locking it with the remote allows you to not worry about the alarm locking you out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts