RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RRS SC Dynamic Autobiography
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at a 2006 RR Sport SC were the seller states it is a 2006 but I have researched that color wasn't out until 2007? Maybe it's a late build 2006? Not that matters as I think going buy it anyway. Full dealer service records, ex. warranty that's accepted at LR dealer, 2010 tail lights, painted door handles, 2012 nav disc, new tires/brakes. Just need run Carfax to verify clean tittle. Oh btw new member & can't wait get in a RR.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
It was called Bonatti Grey in 2006, very similar to Stornoway (IIRC, Bonatti was a shade or two lighter.) If you or the seller open up the hood, the color tag with name and paint code should be visible near the hood latch. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. One other question how to tell if it has the optional rear E-Diff as owner no longer has window sticker? Is there a online VIN decoder like BMW has?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Call a dealer and give them the VIN, they will tell you. Decoding the VIN won't identify whether the vehicle is fitted with rear lockers or not, as that's a standalone option. Of course, you could always slide under the car and check for yourself... ;)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
On 06-09s, the padlock icon on the rear diff is there whether you have a rear locking differential or an open one, I think... You'd have to drive her off road to see if the padlock icon changes from green to red when the diff locks (you should also be able to force the rear diff to lock by putting the car in low range, rock crawl mode and engaging 1st gear using the manual shifter.) If you don't have lockers, I believe the icon stays green all the time, or it turns red with the center diff simultaneously - on a car equipped with LRD, the diffs act independently of each other. Either way, that's a hard way to tell if your car is equipped with rear lockers. ;-) On MY2010+, there should be a lock icon on the rear axle only if you have a locking diff, otherwise the icon s/b missing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just plan to raise it up & crawl underneath. Should be easy to spot. I'm really torn on wanting white with ivory interior but hard pass this one up due to warranty & added upgrades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts