RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a number of people that have been able to get the limited edition Stormer wheels on their non-LE RRS. Were you able to buy these from the dealer? My RRS SC should be arriving in about 2 months and I would like to switch out my standard 20" wheels for the Stormers. My dealer told me I couldn't order the car with those wheels. I'd be happy to buy them from my dealer separately and put the standard 20" wheels on eBay. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rims & tires about $3,600 when ordered from Land Rover. More importantly however, is the fact that you will need to upgrade your steering rack to one with a damped rack (quite expensive) so that you do not get any shimmy/pulling under braking and/or vibration.

Now, there is a slight possibility your Non-supercharged Sport already has the "damped" steering rack. How to find out? Go to your Centre's service dept and have them throw the vehicle on a lift and look for you. They'll know what to look for.

Good Luck

Erik

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Erik,

Thanks for your quick response. I actually have ordered a supercharged sport - will I still need to upgrade the steering rack if I order the Stormer wheels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts