RangeRovers.net Forum banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
One nice feature that I just noticed this weekend after getting the phonebook over Bluetooth upgrade on my MY2006 a couple months ago--you can scroll through your address book using the arrow button on the steering wheel (same one you use to change radio stations, CD tracks, etc.). And as you're scrolling through, the names appear both on the radio display, and in the instrument cluster. Maybe this was obvious to everyone else, but it just never occurred to me until recently to try it, so previously I would just scroll through my address book using the scroll wheel on the radio. But this is better, and I suppose marginally safer.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
don't be :oops: i just found out about that...well just now after reading your post. thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting post....I have an '08 RRS and part of the decision to buy an '08 (vs. '07) was the dealership's assurance that the Bluetooth system was significantly upgraded. I have a Blackberry Curve 8310...the phone is recognized by Bluetooth just fine but with no address book or last dialed. What's weird is that on 2 different occasions the address book did display correctly. However, the outgoing calls did not correspond to the correct names in the address book. I called the dealer and they said that b/c RRs are built in the UK they are designed for European cell phone technology....They also said that this was a known issue with Blackberry compatibility. Not the answer I wanted to hear. I'm off to the dealership next week and will see what I can do based on the info in this post. I'm willing to try anything! The bluetooth is worthless without the address book...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Have you checked Land Rover's Bluetooth compatibility "checker"? It's definitely not a comprehensive list, but the 8310 is in there and it's apparently one of the few BBs listed as NOT fully compatible (the phonebook in particular), depending on phone software version and car VIN. See http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/_popu ... bility.htm . Chances are the dealer will just point this compatibility issue out and suggest you get a different phone. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
According to this site, the 8310 should be "fully compatible" with my VIN....but, I realize it is probably only a suggested guideline. I still have hope! (and if the dealer or any users can prove that the Bberry Bold would work, I'll go that route).

This is a great site, by the way, thanks for all of the terrific feedback. I have owned BMWs for the past 12 years and never found this level of engaging online discussion from owners.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Are the numbers in your phonebook stored using the international code?

+ country code area code number

es.

+1 212 555 0000

·
Registered
17 Posts
The vast majority of the numbers are not stored this way...only the few that are outside of the U.S. have country codes stored in that format

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
jpviper1 said:
According to this site, the 8310 should be "fully compatible" with my VIN....
What's the last 6 digits of your VIN? I don't have a MY08, but by entering random 6-digit VINs yanked from some MY08-related TSBs, I show the BB8310 as only partially compatible: Depending on the handset's software version either phonebook or call lists show as not compatible on that site. Interesting that the Curve 8300 and 8330 - theoretically very similar handsets - appear to be fully compatible though... I often wonder how accurate that listing really is, or perhaps I am not doing it right. Either way, as a "standard", Bluetooth sucks! There is always a 50/50 chance something won't connect right. :lol:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yep, you're right. Using that VIN, the 8310 would indeed appear to be fully compatible with your RRS. I'm assuming that the Blackberry software version tested by Land Rover, V4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30), matches yours?

·
Registered
17 Posts
yup, software matches too. I'll circle back next week after a trip to the dealership! Hopefully they can fix the other minor gremlins as well! (seat rock TSB, inoperable seat/mirror controls, sticking door handle, etc.). This will be my first RR service experience...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Back from the dealer....Bluetooth still not fixed. They demonstrated the address book function working correctly on another Bberry Curve (from Verizon) and an LG. But not my AT&T Curve. Dealer suggested contacting AT&T or getting a new phone. If anyone has confirmed that an AT&T Blackberry Bold will work i'm on my way to get it. Frustrating.

They did fix the inoperable seat/steering wheel/mirror adjustment (faulty wiring connection) and broken DVD (faulty wiring connection). As anticipated, the seat track parts were back-ordered.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, there is an option on the phone and Address Transfer is Enabled for "all entries." There is also a setting on the phone to "Transfer Address Book", and when I select that there is an error message: "Unable to find Object Push Server." At this point I think this has to be a phone/AT&T/server problem...

Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is there a TSB number or equivalent I can reference, my dealer says no upgrade available for my 2006 (relevant portion of my VIN is 6A975509, within the range of those eligible).

My car was at the dealership for most of the day (switching out snow tires, service due, etc), picked it up and noticed on paperwork "Customer states - Is there a Bluetooth upgrade to add address to the Bluetooth??????? Correction: No upgrade available". I picked up the Sport at the end of the day, didn't have time to discuss with service department. More than a little disappointed to say the least.

I am using the iPhone and it is clearly not uploading my address book.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks, didn't see it at first glance in the original post...(doh!).

·
Registered
61 Posts
After the dealership failed to complete the update/upgrade when I last took my RRS in for routine maintenance (I had to call the service dept. and cite the TSB, as they returned it saying no update/upgrade available), I dropped it off yesterday w/fingers crossed.

The service dept. called and said they had to replace the "computer" and update the software and I shouldn't have any more problems. Hmmmm, interesting I first thought, dreading the worst.

Once I picked up my RRS, I simply had to re-pair my iPhone and all is now well in the world (really nice having these features - address book/call ID/etc).

The paperwork states:

Cause - Faulty
Correction - Performed Telephone System Diag/Performed front module and nav software update - traced to phone ECU not responding causing nav screen to freeze/Removed and replaced phone ECU/Performed hard reset/
Fail code - J

What happened here? Did things go south during the initial update? Or, does it look like the phone ECU may have been defective and only discovered during the update attempt? (BT and my iPhone worked fine less the address book feature).

BTW, there was no charge for this - under warranty. :D

Thanks for originally posting this TSB, but for this site I would have never known about the update.

Craig

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I think some older Nokia modules cannot be upgraded via software, it's not the first time the software upgrade request results in the original telephone module becoming unusable, so the only remedy is to junk the old module and replace it with the 2009 version with phonebook transfer capabilities built-in. Since the software won't "take", I guess the original module could be considered defective and replaced under warranty. Whatever the reason, nice going! :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please help...my car has been to the dealer 3 times since april concerning this update and my module in the car. I have been working with LRNA on this as well. The module in my car is one of the early production ones that will not accept this update after several attempts.

However my car falls within the specified vin range.

Needless to say, the dealer is unable to do anything else until LRNA knows what to do. I have insisted on them replacing the module that will fix the problem.

Any suggestions??

61 - 80 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
45 Participants
hrosas
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing