RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Since they charge by the hour, I think I will wait until they work out the bugs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Upgrade completed. Works as described - glad to see contacts pop up on the display. Worth the upgrade. Dealer did an excellent job.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Umbertob

They actually had a problem with my BT module and replaced it :thumb: . As for the cost, I was not charged by my dealer for the upgrade. My dealer did a great job and I'm very happy. So I may not be a good example for 'cost' for this upgrade, as most dealers are not as courteous as this one.

As for the bennies of the upgrade, I can see the caller info when the phone rings; I can browse the addy book; I can see phone log history;

I wish LR would enable the SMS feature :pray: ; promise I won't TND (text n drive)...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ddr10 said:
They actually had a problem with my BT module and replaced it :thumb: . As for the cost, I was not charged by my dealer for the upgrade. My dealer did a great job and I'm very happy.
Is this the same dealer that, on a bad day, charges you $85/hr in labor? Do you share a condo with Santa Claus in the North Pole?

I gotta get out of this dump...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had mine upgraded this week and the phone book transfers with my blackberry pearl from verizon. I was not charged for the upgrade. The only problem I have is that only one phone number is able to be selected thru the car when trying to call out. Incoming calls from the second number get related correctly to the contact.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fyi -- for those in the west LA area, it's gonna be a while before you can take yours to a dealer for this upgrade. I called the three closest dealerships to me and none of their service managers have even heard of the tsb. I even faxed a copy to one of them and in typical LR dealer service fashion, they would not return my calls to see if they could perform the upgrade with the information I supplied.

Real helpful. :roll:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just had this done on my truck.

Works with the iphone. You hit the telephone button on the dash and scroll through the phone book and then tap it again to call.

Unfortunately, incoming calls do not show the name/ Caller ID of the user. It just shows "1"
Maybe it is an iphone issue. I'll try it on another phone/

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
chronoguy said:
Unfortunately, incoming calls do not show the name/ Caller ID of the user. It just shows "1"
Maybe it is an iphone issue. I'll try it on another phone/
That sucks... Even without upgrade I can see the incoming call (number only)on the LCD, I'd hate losing that convenience. Are you sure this isn't just happening with callers blocking their ID?

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
chronoguy said:
I just had this done on my truck.
which dealer did you have this done at? and if i may ask, how much? i'm thinkin' about it

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
i just called to ask about this and was told a new bulletin was issued last week. he mentioned one bulletin was per customer request (presumably the one umberto posted to start this thread) and another one for customer complaint issues. some of the complaints i wrote down were phone works then no recognized, locks up when calling, signal lost, etc. my guess is this would do the same upgrade, but the more recent one states it may be covered under warranty for approved phones. any info on this?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
phil. said:
i just called to ask about this and was told a new bulletin was issued last week. he mentioned one bulletin was per customer request (presumably the one umberto posted to start this thread) and another one for customer complaint issues. some of the complaints i wrote down were phone works then no recognized, locks up when calling, signal lost, etc. my guess is this would do the same upgrade, but the more recent one states it may be covered under warranty for approved phones. any info on this?
Phil, I posted this about 3 weeks ago, I imagine it's probably the bulletin they're talking about: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewto ... =5&t=24481 Regular warranty procedures apply to this TSB, since it is to correct a malfunction, not to add an optional new feature.

Both bulletins were issued together, the parts required consist of the same software patch. So, it's definitely possible that if you went in for service and told them you are having trouble with your BT connection they may apply this TSB to correct the issue and, as a result, upgrade your BT module software with the phonebook feature, no charge... But who knows for sure. Perhaps that's why some of you are not being charged for the upgrade, the dealer is uploading the new software and charging LR for the labor using the "Bluetooth Issue" TSB.

Makes no difference to me since my vehicle is out of factory warranty anyway. :cry:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Has anyone had this done in Long Island, preferably in Nassau County... and had a positive experience? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
787 Posts
No not yet. The last service I had they didnt even know about it yet. This was in Suffolk County, Huntington LR. I bought the truck from Glen Cove but havent been back there since the purchase.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thank you, What do you feel about Glen Coves service. I'm in Long Island for the summer and I need to get service/bluetooth action done. Thanks.

-Omar

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just intalled iPhone 2.0 and its compatible with my bluetooth. Its freaking awesome! I downloaded some apps from the app store already. I love the iTunes remote and AIM. Do you hear the death knoll for Treo and Blackberry?

G

·
0 Posts
so you bought the 3g iPhone? laast month I went through 2 iPhones in one week. The **** screens are so fragile. I've been waiting for the 3G, if that one breaks them I'm done with them.

The old ones had iTunes as well.

If it is the new one, how and the helll did you get it?

21 - 40 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
45 Participants
hrosas
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing