RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering adding a bonnet stone shield. not the coolest look in the world but neither is the blasted by gravel, sand and bugs look. anyone rocking one who has a pic they'd like to share?
also considering a waterproof seat cover or neoprene one. any pics of those would also be greatly appreciated along with input re pros and cons or experiences.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
The seat covers are a god send if you are at all nit picky about paw prints and/or muck. Since I could care less about wither I gave my factory covers away to a buddy with cream interior. They have saved his cleaning bacon several times. One thing to keep in mind however is that they render the side airbags on your 2002 useless.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply toad. the airbag issue is really the only thing giving me pause. places claim they design covers that accomodate side impact bags but i don't know if i buy that...completely anyway.
being that the seats are in good condition and charcoal it's not the dirt i fear, it's the sun that loves the charcoal color a little too much (ditto with the dash) and water. i don't want cracking and drenching to become part of the nagging injuries list. :naughty:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
The factory ones I had did not allow for SRS because it didn't even exist when they were made. I know the newer aftermarket covers have breakaway stitching where the bag deploys. If you are looking strictly for protection against cracking I would invest in mink oil and elbow grease. I have a black rig with black seats that spent 9 summers in the dessert. I have no cracks thanks to the mink oil. My seats are still soft and supple like gloves.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have seat covers in my car by mellville and moon the are great for whenever I go fishing and take the dogs along

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome responses by all! very appreciated! i'm going to take all of those suggestions to heart. i forgot all about mink oil (haven't used it since i was in the army on boots and it was also indispensable on adidas world cups/copas), overlooked the clear protection, and hadn't heard of mellville. i made out well in this thread thanks to you guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts