Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover (stolen/totaled) — 2010 Rossion Q1 —
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought in early June from a college friend and replaced a couple sensors, all brakes, fuel pump etc to get the car right. Unfortunately it was stolen a couple weeks ago and totaled last week (involved in a police chase and a drive-by shooting). Dealing with the insurance company hasn’t been pleasant and still haven’t agreed yet on payout.

TD6 motor sounds like a great option but they don’t have many come through Mannheim auctions compared to the V6/V8. Hopefully the market settles down a bit soon!

·
Registered
2016 HSE Td6
982 Posts
Sucks. Td6 is worth the wait unless you really want/need the power. I love mine.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
703 Posts
Sorry this had to happen to you. If you don't mind my asking: how did they manage to steal it and then drive away? OBD port?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
318 Posts
Wow! - terrible on many fronts.... :/

Please update us should you decide to part it out privately - I have a 16' Td6, would be interested in several key items. .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry this had to happen to you. If you don't mind my asking: how did they manage to steal it and then drive away? OBD port?
Broke into my locked garage and unfortunately my keys were in the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! - terrible on many fronts.... :/

Please update us should you decide to part it out privately - I have a 16' Td6, would be interested in several key items. .
Car is the property of the insurance company now and only got the floor mats/owners manual out of the car. Unfortunately they are only giving me $33K for the car when the MMR wholesale is currently $42K.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Unfortunately they are only giving me $33K for the car when the MMR wholesale is currently $42K.
Is there a way to negotiate with them ? How many miles your car had ? I traded mine for $42K with 58K miles on ODO.

·
Registered
829 Posts
All auto insurance policies have an appraisal clause. Google it and get an attorney and go to appraisal and get your money back and no the attorney wont take your money but the insurance company will have to cover fees. I wont go into anymore detail, google is your friend. Im just trying to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Id keep it and rebuild it and cash out. JMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice. My attorney is in contact with Auto Owners now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In case you are interested - There is mine for sale. I traded in this car about one month ago. Car has no issues at all.
MSRP when new $104K. It has black package from the factory. Very well maintained. Dealer have not posted real pictures yet. I can send you all info and pics if you need to.

Used 2016 Land Rover Range Rover For Sale at Land Rover Madison | VIN: SALGS2KF7GA246868
What price did you get on trade? The car has had a price drop and is closer to MMR wholesale pricing now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts