RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for many posts about the humming noise related to the rpm levels I'm having. But I also want to find out for the other forum members that have pmed me with the same exact symptoms. After spending $1500 is fluid changes the noise is still there. A loud humming noise between 1500-2000 rpm while its in gear. Drives normal otherwise. I've been testing different scenerios and it happens in auto mode and sport mode, however it doesn't happen in manual mode at all. What could be the source of the hum noise that would happen on auto mode and not on manual mode?

I should also mention that when it hums, it hums 1 or 2 times and stops until the next time if that makes sense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that the noise seems to come from under the car where the center console is or near the gear box. I don't know if this is related but 1 out of 20 times the car chokes when I try starting the car, before the starter even turns. So I have to take the key out of the ignition and start it again and it starts fine. Could a fuel pump make this noise and effect rpm level hesitation and only happen on auto/sport mode? All of the dealers and Indy shops can't figure this out either and it's driving me nuts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts