RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was offered about 1500 or so off a lwb supercharged, not a lot. The dealer was crowded with people picking up new suvs so I guess they are still selling
Range Rover is the best selling $100k vehicle in the US (and Europe lately). It's still a massive sales success considering it's price and really stands away from the pack in sales:

Sept, US:
Range Rover - 1,435
S-Class (sedan + coupe + convert.) - 926
7 Series - 762
Panamera - 423
911 - 382
G Class - 373

It probably outsells the S-Class sedan, which used to be the class leader but was dethroned by Range Rover two years ago, by a 2:1 margin now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After 100K. Don’t think anyone cares about getting discounts. And to answer the two folks who said we won’t hear anything about the new chassis or engine until 2022-2023. Wow. Entirely incorrect. Expect top US dealers to get info during their January 2020 new model and future vehicle training at US HQ. I’ve posted the exact timelines in other forums. Difficult to hide these things when suppliers have to retool their lines and set production timelines prior to model release. Expect ordering for 2021 new model to open up in September 2020. The one thing they are hiding is the exterior side and and front molding which is said to be hugely different to separate from the sport. And they’ve brought in supposedly a new interior designer. Personally, I think it will just change the leather moldings and stitchings but I could be wrong. And not sure if welcome a radically different mold than the current. Hope they don’t go backwards in design progression.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've not made it to that level but reading on forums such as this one and the G-wagen forum, a fair number pay cash. Some places will only finance up to a certain amount for vehicles, like $100k or $125k so the rest has to be in a down payment.
I never thought I’d make $100k in a year let alone spend that much on a vehicle. I’m still not comfortable spending any more than high teens (you read that right, under $20k) on a car.

The 2012 L322 S/C was perfect for me. Feels like I’m riding in the lap of luxury but I’m not sweating parking it and going in a store. I’d have to make much, much more to have a nicer daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
I still haven't found a financially "good" plan for buying cars. I've owned so many trucks the past couple years because I do an average of 50,000 miles a year...I put mileage on them so quickly and I'm not going to do repairs needed for a 100,000 mile LR.

but I would never pay cash for a new Rover, the depreciation is too great. I'd rather spend someone else's money at a low rate. I buy my cars with a CD loan, my last purchase at 3.8% and rates are only getting lower..and with the CD loan I get to keep the title in my name in my home safe. My credit union isn't worried I'm going to miss payments when I have the equivalent to my RRS, D5, and AMG in my account.

I care about discounts. When I did my 2017 RR lease I tried for every discount possible. Including one that I got for giving Land Rover my email at the Chicago Auto Show. $2,000 discount IIRC....

·
Registered
248 Posts
I still haven't found a financially "good" plan for buying cars. I've owned so many trucks the past couple years because I do an average of 50,000 miles a year...I put mileage on them so quickly and I'm not going to do repairs needed for a 100,000 mile LR.

but I would never pay cash for a new Rover, the depreciation is too great. I'd rather spend someone else's money at a low rate. I buy my cars with a CD loan, my last purchase at 3.8% and rates are only getting lower..and with the CD loan I get to keep the title in my name in my home safe. My credit union isn't worried I'm going to miss payments when I have the equivalent to my RRS, D5, and AMG in my account.

I care about discounts. When I did my 2017 RR lease I tried for every discount possible. Including one that I got for giving Land Rover my email at the Chicago Auto Show. $2,000 discount IIRC....
I’d never heard of a CD loan but it sounds like something I’d want to research.

I’m putting on about 25k-30k per. We just use it for everything. Scary thing is I’ve NEVER seen a ‘10-‘12 L322 over 200k. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
Guys, there are great deals on the L405 on Copart. A 2015 blue ext white interior with 30k miles just went for 18k! It needed rims and tires was a theft recovery. I almost paid cash and bought it! At 18k I don’t give a flying F-u-u-u-c-c-c-k-k about a branded title. Yes if I was spending 100k, not 18k. I find it hilarious that everyone freaks out about branded titles but at that price point with absolutely no problems but rims and tires that truck was a screaming deal! Welcome to 100k for only 18 thousand dollars. I did the same thing when I converted my 2006 to a 2013 Range Rover Sport, now both my L405s look just like 2020’s and I don’t have a car payment and my 10 nav screen that does apple car play android auto better than the 2020’s!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts