RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if others are getting discounts off MSRP on the 2020 Range Rover? My local dealer in the DC area insists that there is no discount available, irrespective of whether I am ordering a car to spec or buying one off the lot.

I'm contemplating a 2020 HSE, but am on the fence about whether to go with the P400 six cylinder or the P525 V8 supercharged.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just wondering if others are getting discounts off MSRP on the 2020 Range Rover? My local dealer in the DC area insists that there is no discount available, irrespective of whether I am ordering a car to spec or buying one off the lot.

I'm contemplating a 2020 HSE, but am on the fence about whether to go with the P400 six cylinder or the P525 V8 supercharged.
Usually 2-5% is normal discount but it varies from dealer and even if they want to do it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was offered $1500 off on a custom build atb due in next month. Not that great of a deal in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that news. As I'm planning to lease, this isn't a huge concern, but you'd think that this would have some negative impact on pricing.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts

You should be able to get a few thousand off, but when you lease, does it really mean a substantial payment difference?
Test drive the V8 before you buy the 6.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My dealer has a number of 2019s for 6-7k off advertised. Imagine you can get even more off. 2020s listed at MSRP but I wouldn’t pay that for one.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lol.ok. Land Rover won’t do the reveal until 2022 for the 2023 model year, N.A. The had the l322 from 2003 until a facelift in 2010 and changed models in 2013. So they revealed a facelift in 2018 with a minimum of 3-4 years before the new model. Guaranteed. End.of.story.

The L405 replacement is due to be unveiled ~third quarter 2020. FYI

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lol.ok. Land Rover won’t do the reveal until 2022 for the 2023 model year, N.A. The had the l322 from 2003 until a facelift in 2010 and changed models in 2013. So they revealed a facelift in 2018 with a minimum of 3-4 years before the new model. Guaranteed. End.of.story.
So in year 2022, we will have an archaic body still tooling around the streets while its so-called competitors - the all new S-Class (next year), all new Escalade (next year), would have been out for years by then, while the new G-Wagen, X7, GLS would have not only been out for years, but would probably be refreshed and face lifted by then.

LOL. Land Rover isn’t stupid. We aren’t in 2003 anymore. The new Range Rover will be revealed next year.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-range-rover-2021

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Announcement in late 2020 as a 2022 model for sale in mid 2021 makes sense. That would give the L405 four years in the refresh (18, 19, 20, 21). In that case I would expect the 2021 MY numbers to be scaled back as they stop production of the current V8 as rumored.

That also would be perfect for me to upgrade in 2 years as I'll be almost exactly at the end of my extended warranty at both 6 years and 100k miles in the Fall of 2021.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
True, but people have to know it's coming soon. I always wonder who buys the last model year of a vehicle (ex. 2012 full size or 2013 sport) other than people who upgrade every year or those who stick with 3 year lease cycles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I shopped around and found a relatively local dealer who ultimately gave me $3500 off MSRP on my 2020. He offered over $10k on a 2019. And I’m in a big market. Don’t believe anyone who says they only sell at MSRP on these cars.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I shopped around and found a relatively local dealer who ultimately gave me $3500 off MSRP on my 2020. He offered over $10k on a 2019. And I’m in a big market. Don’t believe anyone who says they only sell at MSRP on these cars.
We had a 2020 SVR locally I was salivating over. Priced $130k but don’t know if they usually end up selling for less.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was offered about 1500 or so off a lwb supercharged, not a lot. The dealer was crowded with people picking up new suvs so I guess they are still selling

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was offered about 1500 or so off a lwb supercharged, not a lot. The dealer was crowded with people picking up new suvs so I guess they are still selling
How do you even buy a $130k SUV? Do most people finance at that level or pay cash?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
How do you even buy a $130k SUV? Do most people finance at that level or pay cash?

I've not made it to that level but reading on forums such as this one and the G-wagen forum, a fair number pay cash. Some places will only finance up to a certain amount for vehicles, like $100k or $125k so the rest has to be in a down payment.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts